Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make genetic stability less shitty
(06-27-2017, 03:25 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 01:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: That is what mutadone darts are for.
Well it is hard to hit them when they can run faster than the dart but I do not think this is the right place for this discussion.

If your target is outrunning your darts, then you didn't take him by surprise like you probably should have.
(06-27-2017, 10:30 PM)Technature Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 03:25 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 01:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: That is what mutadone darts are for.
Well it is hard to hit them when they can run faster than the dart but I do not think this is the right place for this discussion.

If your target is outrunning your darts, then you didn't take him by surprise like you probably should have.

If your targets hulk and regeneration mutations aren't immune to mutadone they weren't doing genetics right.
My dislike for genetics mainly stems from damage/stun immunities and anything that makes you invisible. My ideal for genetics is that it should be a quick process with lots of flair; not 'disappear for 30 minutes and come out practically invincible'. Too many rounds have been made tiresome thanks to a min-max geneticist's rampage or vigilantism.

As long as you can't do that, I'm a happy camper.
To be fair none of the invisibility works against thermals and both of them have pretty bad vulnerabilities. Also, AFAIK no genes give stun protection, and if SMES Human does that's stupid and should be changed.
SMES protects from batons, but not tasers.
Adrenaline rush gives you enough drugs to nullify stuns for a while, at the cost of some brain damage and addictions
-Deleted because I was dumb and did not read the previous reply-
(06-28-2017, 12:28 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: My dislike for genetics mainly stems from damage/stun immunities and anything that makes you invisible. My ideal for genetics is that it should be a quick process with lots of flair; not 'disappear for 30 minutes and come out practically invincible'. Too many rounds have been made tiresome thanks to a min-max geneticist's rampage or vigilantism.

As long as you can't do that, I'm a happy camper.

In all honesty the only way you can become "invincible" like that requires rng to be on your side, since without stabilizer chromosomes all those powers are useless with how stability works.
I was talking about the old system. I just don't want something of that level back. RNG or no, it wasn't an uncommon sight.

I don't wanna be Dad here, but you can't trust players to be cool and moderate themselves.

[Image: 124.jpg]
(06-29-2017, 06:19 AM)Tarmunora Wrote: SMES protects from batons, but not tasers.
Adrenaline rush gives you enough drugs to nullify stuns for a while, at the cost of some brain damage and addictions

Synchronized Adrenaline rush lets you keep it up pretty much forever without the horrible issues, turning you into a war machine.
There's already a large amount of ways to deal with traitor geneticists, a hypo full of mutadone or the MD's tranq gun filled with mutadone syringes.

I'd support making it a little easier for geneticists to load themselves up with more powers, and make using advanced mutations less suicidal.
I would rather it be easier to get specific chromosomes than for Stabilizer to be made less useful.
(06-29-2017, 10:36 AM)Camnui Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 06:19 AM)Tarmunora Wrote: SMES protects from batons, but not tasers.

Synchronized Adrenaline rush lets you keep it up pretty much forever without the horrible issues, turning you into a war machine.

If you aren't stacking blindness/deafness/muteness, the backfires will give you nasty brain damage
Ill just leave this here
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8201
(06-26-2017, 08:04 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 03:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: [align=justify]
  1. Add a drug or medicine that helps negate it. This would probably have to be difficult to make, have negative side effects, and/or be very addictive to balance it out. It could work by either outright restoring genetic stability without removing mutations, or just stopping the negative effects of low stability from occurring as long as you have it in your bloodstream, forcing you to keep taking it if you want to go on a superpowered murderspree.
Forcing you to keep taking would be more interesting

I don't think it would ever happen, but I think it could be fun if there was a zlevel method of inducing perfect genetic stability. Like you strap someone to a surgery table in some odd telescience location and shoot them with a giant radiation laser, constantly checking to make sure the thing doesn't suddenly break, plus you've injected them with a SERUM that can only be found in that area. After that you're free to show off the super hulk to the world, if they've survived the process.

Not necessarily as the sole way to make stability suck less, but a completely silly mad scientist route.

A stability Drug would make the most sense on the station.
(07-01-2017, 08:17 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:04 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 03:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: [align=justify]
  1. Add a drug or medicine that helps negate it. This would probably have to be difficult to make, have negative side effects, and/or be very addictive to balance it out. It could work by either outright restoring genetic stability without removing mutations, or just stopping the negative effects of low stability from occurring as long as you have it in your bloodstream, forcing you to keep taking it if you want to go on a superpowered murderspree.
Forcing you to keep taking would be more interesting

I don't think it would ever happen, but I think it could be fun if there was a zlevel method of inducing perfect genetic stability. Like you strap someone to a surgery table in some odd telescience location and shoot them with a giant radiation laser, constantly checking to make sure the thing doesn't suddenly break, plus you've injected them with a SERUM that can only be found in that area. After that you're free to show off the super hulk to the world, if they've survived the process.

Not necessarily as the sole way to make stability suck less, but a completely silly mad scientist route.

A stability Drug would make the most sense on the station.

I for one vote for the mad science route, especially if you can get a copy of the mutation laser using mechanics and install it on station. It'll have to have a certain amount of time you can use it on a non juiced up person without killing them or it'll just be a fancy death ray.