Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make genetic stability less shitty
Right now, the genetics stability system is, if you will forgive my crassness, completely fucking bullshit. If you have even slightly less than 100 stability, than your mutations will backfire more often than they work, making injectors completely fucking useless and making certain mutations like synchronized biomass manipulation completely fucking suicidal to use. I would go as far as to say that the old system where having very low stability would instagib you is better because at least under that system you would have to be abusing injectors for any of the negative effects to occur. I have a few potential (heh) solutions for this:

1. Make the negative effects not occur until you are below 50 stability. Now you can take one of the really good mutations like SMES human or optic energizer without all of your mutations suddenly becoming more useless than a clown who takes their shoes off.
  2. Add a drug or medicine that helps negate it. This would probably have to be difficult to make, have negative side effects, and/or be very addictive to balance it out. It could work by either outright restoring genetic stability without removing mutations, or just stopping the negative effects of low stability from occurring as long as you have it in your bloodstream, forcing you to keep taking it if you want to go on a superpowered murderspree.
  3. Make empowered/synchronized/whatever versions of mutations already in your potential not cost stability. I don't see why it isn't already like this, considering that after the change to genetic stability, as I mention above, synchronized biomass manipulation is going to instakill you just as quickly as the non-synchronized version. Feels more like an oversight than anything.
Well that is all I have for now. Any feedback is always appreciated.
Number 2 is something I've been clamoring for awhile.

I'm not the hugest fan of backfiring powers as much as I was for cronenberging into a horrible non-human mutant.
If you aren't the (only) geneticist, a good geneticist should be adding chromosomes into you directly (with the scanner) instead of using injectors with the same genes as your potential. The other two, on the other hand, are VERY needed.
(06-25-2017, 03:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: [align=justify]
  1. Add a drug or medicine that helps negate it. This would probably have to be difficult to make, have negative side effects, and/or be very addictive to balance it out. It could work by either outright restoring genetic stability without removing mutations, or just stopping the negative effects of low stability from occurring as long as you have it in your bloodstream, forcing you to keep taking it if you want to go on a superpowered murderspree.
Forcing you to keep taking would be more interesting
It would be nice to have some way of slowly dispering a chem into yourself were it addictive
(06-26-2017, 11:42 PM)New525 Wrote: It would be nice to have some way of slowly dispering a chem into yourself were it addictive

the two standard ways are injector belts and vap-o-matics IIRC
I'm now imagining mutants who have traded things like vision and stability for raw power, wearing vapor masks and VISOR goggles to make up for their new weaknesses.

Yeah I'm keen on this idea.
i dont really like the idea of being reliant on a chem

why cant the stability system just be made to not be unfun
(06-27-2017, 03:44 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: i dont really like the idea of being reliant on a chem

Because superpowered hulks are not really fun. -Maegor
(06-27-2017, 07:39 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 03:44 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: i dont really like the idea of being reliant on a chem

Because superpowered hulks are not really fun.

Says you.

That is what mutadone darts are for.

I for one like superpowered hulks
(06-27-2017, 01:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: That is what mutadone darts are for.
Well it is hard to hit them when they can run faster than the dart but I do not think this is the right place for this discussion.
(06-27-2017, 03:25 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 01:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: That is what mutadone darts are for.
Well it is hard to hit them when they can run faster than the dart but I do not think this is the right place for this discussion.

Then the problem is that darts are too slow.
(06-27-2017, 04:11 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 03:25 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 01:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: That is what mutadone darts are for.

Then the problem is that darts are too slow.

Add mutadone grenades.

Or perhaps just give chemistry grenade casings back.

Mutadone grenades would at least serve a dual purpose of bulk healing rad mutations and serving as area denial weapons for rudelord mcrampage.