Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genetics stability
I think you lose stability far too quickly and having just few mutations makes a few of them neigh useless due to the low success chance.
The chance for stabilizer chromosomes needs to be greatly increased, or the stability values need to be reworked. perhaps even overhauled again.

One idea i had would be to add both upsides and downsides to annihilating your DNA examples of downsides could be multiple vocal mutations, chances of developing new mutations randomly and randomly having parts of your body change,explode,gib,regenerate, or otherwise mutate. The could be upsides to mutating randomly such as a chance to grow a wendigo or bear arm, immunity to radiation, unique mutations that can only be gained from stability induced changes. Both the benefits and negatives of losing stability should grow in intensity as it drains forcing a player to attempt to walk a fine line between being on the ground as your limbs constantly explode and regenerate and being able to tap into the potential power these changes and mutations might bring.
Yeah, as geneticist you can't give yourself one injector these days without mutations backfiring left and right. Mutations backfiring should only occur at <50 stability, and even then at a greatly reduced chance compared to now.
I'll be honest - I'm apathetic from the days of rampaging supafreaks and nerds spending 50 minutes giving themselves powers they never use.

I just can't say anything because I haven't done genetics in months. What's the downside to the station on this issue? How debilitating is it? Is nobody playing geneticist because of it?
i think this would be a good change since some of them can outright instakill you without any way to recover, from lack of stability
(02-15-2017, 03:59 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I'll be honest - I'm apathetic from the days of rampaging supafreaks and nerds spending 50 minutes giving themselves powers they never use.

With the tranq rifle no longer being horrifically lethal, this may actually be a reason to use the mutadone darts again.
yeah I've had a mutation backfire when it was the ONLY mutation I had and instakill me (no it was not one that normally did so) please fix this
I want this too. Do you know how many times Midas Touch has backfired and turned chairs into flesh instead of gold?
I've said it a thousand times, there oughta be some horrible drug that increases genetic stability at the cost of horrible side effects
(02-15-2017, 09:16 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've said it a thousand times, there oughta be some horrible drug that increases genetic stability at the cost of horrible side effects

A drug that serves as structural reinforcements for your cells until it burns up causing your cells to start to fall apart from the inside out. I'm talking brute damage, various genetics problems, limbs falling off, blood loss and eventually death. It's like your body becomes super dependent on this reagent to stay intact and using it even without superpowers can be a surefire way to kill somebody. Once it leaves your system it's Kuru fatal.

It should be really difficult to make but just as effective as a poison as it is a super power serum.

I think a fun addition to the recipe of said chem would be the blood of a changeling with the exception that the drug itself won't work on changelings, unless you want super powered shamblers running around.
I don't think we need another super sekrit chem conducive solely for the purpose of horrible superpowered rampages. That's a recipe for disaster if I've ever seen one.
maybe cyberorgans could help you take on more genetic instability? since theyd be unaffected by your deteriorating cell structure, helping keep you alive. or, well, thatd be the ingame lore explanation for it, theyd probably just bump up your instability number cap a little
(02-15-2017, 08:59 PM)medsal15 Wrote: I want this too. Do you know how many times Midas Touch has backfired and turned chairs into flesh instead of gold?

Are you implying this is a bad thing? Do you not want meatstation 2.0?
(02-15-2017, 10:41 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 09:16 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've said it a thousand times, there oughta be some horrible drug that increases genetic stability at the cost of horrible side effects

A drug that serves as structural reinforcements for your cells until it burns up causing your cells to start to fall apart from the inside out. I'm talking brute damage, various genetics problems, limbs falling off, blood loss and eventually death. It's like your body becomes super dependent on this reagent to stay intact and using it even without superpowers can be a surefire way to kill somebody. Once it leaves your system it's Kuru fatal.

It should be really difficult to make but just as effective as a poison as it is a super power serum.

I think a fun addition to the recipe of said chem would be the blood of a changeling with the exception that the drug itself won't work on changelings, unless you want super powered shamblers running around.

Human hearts or brains ought be part of the recipe, so you can be a monster physically AND ethically
I like the cyberorgan idea because then they have to rope in someone else to get their crazy genetic superpowers and this would present a very natural way to not only cut down on genetics rampages, but also encourage interaction
unfortunately the only cyberorgans currently are the heart and eyes. and you might want to mutate your eyes and thus dont want them cut out. hopefully cyberlungs and things come someday. oh yeah, and cyberbutt. i guess a buttectomy and replacement with cyberbutt would be a slightly funny way to get extra mutant power