Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
More bodies=More wraith
Was in deadchat in a round that had gone on forever with tons of unattended bodies around and we remarked it would be PERFECT for a wraith to show up and decimate the crew.  THEN I HAD THIS IDEA

More dead bodies=Higher chance of wraith spawning

And this is like in addition to the base chance so we can ACTUALLY SEE MORE WRAITHS but only in a context where they'd actually be effective and Fun

This could probably apply to other latejoin antag types, maybe if there's a lot of living crew a vampire or changeling would spawn, if there's a lot of undamaged station the wizard could, etc, traitor already has a pretty high chance of spawning so

hoooly shit this would also incentivize the chaplain's optional objective BECAUSE IT WOULD ACTUALLY MATTER
Anything that brings more wraiths is a good idea.

ANYTHING.
I love this idea.

Edit: I no longer support this idea.
also, more mechanics and interactions possible with wraiths

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6990
(05-06-2017, 12:21 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Anything that brings more wraiths is a good idea.

ANYTHING.
[Image: UdxFHgm.gif]
Did somebody say wraiths? Because I have some old ideas about wraiths.
people really seem to like this honk
(05-06-2017, 01:11 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 12:21 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Anything that brings more wraiths is a good idea.

ANYTHING.
wraiths are one of the few new decent antags in years lads let those boys go let em haunt
I love wraiths. Probably because they don't do much to destroy the station; just it's people. More of em' the better. Maybe then people'll actually learn how to fight 'em.
Me personally it would bother the heck outta me to get harassed by wraiths more often. On those really good chaotic rounds where you're just doing your best to scrape it out alive it gets pretty annoying to be killed by another player who you have no chance against unless you have a ridiculous amount of salt on you or something.
Did they ever make it so salt scuffing is dependent on the amount that is placed in a pile? I remember admins liking that idea.

Some more anti-wraith stuff would be nice too. Holy candles and other warding symbols that a wraith can't get close to would be nice.
I no longer support this idea because I realized that a large part of the reason why wraiths are still so neat is precisely because they are so rare.

The fact that they are so uncommon prevents them from growing stale or repetitive.
My idea is to only have this influence chance to spawn on big pop rounds with a lot of bodies left lying around so uh still rare