Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(03-14-2017, 08:09 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Your poll is pretty split, though.

Still more say no then yes. Plus take this thread into account more people have voiced they don't like it then those that have. That's a month of people saying it was a bad change. Take the thread rating into consideration as well. Also some have said my poll was shit so I doubt it would be taken into consideration anyways from the coders and players alike cause of that. I'm still holding out hope a admin stickies a poll to this thread.
People who don't like something will always be more vocal about it.
(03-14-2017, 09:12 PM)Mordent Wrote: People who don't like something will always be more vocal about it.

And? If the majority does not make themselves heard then are they really the majority? With that logic any negative feedback should never be acted on cause a few people who like something may never say anything in it's defense. Plus a fair amount of people have voiced they liked this change. Look back in the thread, but more and more people have been coming back into the thread recently to say "I gave it a chance and I don't like it. It adds nothing fun to the game"
hi im tired and its past midnight but ill throw a poll on here because then i can see stuff and yeah

i like mordent's post
(03-13-2017, 07:47 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 06:35 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: I'd be down with it getting removed and re-added in the future when it's fully fleshed out and there are dragging alternatives for every role effected.

2long2quote 

a lot of this sounds good on paper but is just terrible when executed

this reminds me of another change a couple years ago that was pretty much universally panned by the community was that it cost money to be cloned and was quickly reverted back
reduce/remove penalties for all but crates and lockers, because belt hell and forklifts are what you want to promote and theyre specifically for moving crates, voila youre cookin boys
(03-15-2017, 03:47 AM)misto Wrote: reduce/remove penalties for all but crates and lockers, because belt hell and forklifts are what you want to promote and theyre specifically for moving crates, voila youre cookin boys

This 100% this.
Let us make sleighs that can be pulled by monkeys, monkey sleigh crate pulling!
I'd rather the feature just be reverted entirely, but if a compromise has to be made, consider the following:

What if pulling lockers and crates, and ONLY lockers and crates, rapidly drained your stamina until you became winded, at whuch point the slowdown kicks in? This would permit short distance hauling while encouraging the use of other systems for long distance transport.
ps. i know this was also about inconveniencing changelings and murderers too with body pull slowdown, but if you want to nerf antags please consider strategies that specifically target the antags rather than everyone
(03-15-2017, 10:24 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I'd rather the feature just be reverted entirely, but if a compromise has to be made, consider the following:

What if pulling lockers and crates, and ONLY lockers and crates, rapidly drained your stamina until you became winded, at whuch point the slowdown kicks in? This would permit short distance hauling while encouraging the use of other systems for long distance transport.

I like this combo of ideas. This also means that if you get amped up on meth/have a cyberheart/etc you can still pull off the Crazypulls
Misto has a good point though, what was supposed to prevent a specific type of antag killing people actually just made it way easier for every other antag, and all mobs, and the environment to kill people.
(03-15-2017, 10:24 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if pulling lockers and crates, and ONLY lockers and crates, rapidly drained your stamina until you became winded, at whuch point the slowdown kicks in? This would permit short distance hauling while encouraging the use of other systems for long distance transport.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like Noah's idea. With the addendum that downed mobs also trigger the stamina drain.
I've read everything up to page 16 and I'll get to those last few pages shortly; however, I would like to propose this simple, yet elegant solution to all of your crate pulling woes: A CRATE WITH WHEELS!

[Image: 3fWEFdL.png]
[Image: SbBn2qZ.png]

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8410
(03-15-2017, 10:24 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I'd rather the feature just be reverted entirely, but if a compromise has to be made, consider the following:

im voting the 'for all but the big items' cause this ^ is what i want.
(03-15-2017, 12:11 PM)Wire Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 10:24 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if pulling lockers and crates, and ONLY lockers and crates, rapidly drained your stamina until you became winded, at whuch point the slowdown kicks in? This would permit short distance hauling while encouraging the use of other systems for long distance transport.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like Noah's idea. With the addendum that downed mobs also trigger the stamina drain.

Yeah I like this too. Stamina drain should be less for lighter items, more for heavy items.