Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RP/Game mechanic friendly Extended Gamemode Revival
Issue: Death early on in the Extended gamemode (Which is mostly permanent for LLJK1) SUCKS, especially if revival is not an option or cannot be done.

Solution: A mixture of lore (based off the ideas of me, and also further supported in this post https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7562 ) and game mechanics would allow for dead players to come back after an hour or two!

Lets just say that Central Command has everyone's neural uplinks available for cloning. However, due to the crewmembers' extreme distance from Central Command (The NSS Destiny is VERY far away. Likely lightyears, if not many parsecs), the neural transmission takes a very long time.
     However, Central Command's cloning bay is expansive, fitted with state of the art cloning technology far superior to the mobile version fitted on the Destiny and other facilities.
     Revived crewmembers are restored to full health, with a full genetic reset and reattachment of augmentations (I.E light robotic arms. Only available if you have the trait selected.) These crew are given a brand new ID linked to their bank account, a PDA with their job's cartridge in it, and their job specific clothing and headset (This will exclude certain items, like the captain's authentication disk, the scientists' gas tank, and other things.)
     Then, crewmembers are to wait for a transit shuttle to the Destiny or whatever ship or facility they were assigned to. This shuttle is indeed the same shuttle used for emergency evacuation, so if the emergency shuttle is called, then all crewmembers waiting for transit are left at Central Command. The shuttle will ferry crew to the Destiny, but the doors will be bolted shut. All crew onboard the shuttle are then teleported onto the Destiny into the Escape hallway.
     Of course, anyone declared an enemy of the corporation will be held at Central Command in a prison cell for the rest of the round, and anyone that is a part of outside terrorist groups (I.E Wizards or Syndicate operatives) will NOT be cloned. Of course, traitors can still escape (if an admin decided to make someone an antag anyways)

What are your thoughts and opinions?
I think it is a great idea, especially when you accidentally space yourself
I think there's another thread somewhere that goes over this
(11-28-2016, 09:59 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: I think there's another thread somewhere that goes over this

There's multiple, but for what it's worth i think this one puts a nice RP friendly spin on it
I am all for respawning on the RP server.
But...
This was one of those other threads, and other people REALLY didn't like it: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5870
Another thread about respawning resulted in the 'ghost drone'-feature, but still no actual respawning.
i like extended because in extended everyone is the antagonist
(11-29-2016, 04:19 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I am all for respawning on the RP server.
But...
This was one of those other threads, and other people REALLY didn't like it: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5870
Another thread about respawning resulted in the 'ghost drone'-feature, but still no actual respawning.

Yes but that was when both servers were not on extended (not 100% sure on LLJK1). Also remember, this puts an RP friendly and game mechanic friendly spin on the respawn idea. I could start work on sketching and possibly designing a new Central Command, too! If I actually bother doing it anyways.

ALSO! This respawn would be toggleable via admin if there's a canon or some special round. Not only this but, you could select whether or not you want to be revived at CentComm when making your character. If you do want to be respawned, and you don't have the purity trait, you will not be able to ghost and view everything, and you'll only hear 25% of deadchat. After your body rots to a skeleton and your brain goes cold you'll start being cloned at Central Command. Or immediately start being cloned if you've been gibbed or your brain is unusable or just plain destroyed. 

Also there'll be a new option on Security consoles that can only be updated with SU access while logged on with an ID with SecMate access. This would be Enemy of Corporation, which will make the specified person clone in a supermax prison cell at Central Command, with an intercom locked into a single frequency for communication with the Destiny's security team.

(Also I'm renaming the thread to something else)
SU access can be spoofed, so that's probably not a good way to limit cloning removal.
(11-29-2016, 06:26 AM)Grek Wrote: SU access can be spoofed, so that's probably not a good way to limit cloning removal.

Good point. Maybe several head IDs are required? I dunno. Or possibly only the HoS is allowed to, since they can never be antagonists and well, good luck taking the HoS' ID...
What about if those cloned this way had no IC knowledge about what had happened before in the round? It makes sense, as the brainscans are a copy of their mind at the start of the destiny's voyage, with no way to update them with new memories. It also means you couldn't use metaknowledge from ghost chat, or rumble a stealthy murdering traitor.
I've been thinking of how to implement some kind of respawn thing on the RP server. I'll keep this thread in mind.

(11-29-2016, 06:21 AM)aft2001 Wrote: I could start work on sketching and possibly designing a new Central Command, too! If I actually bother doing it anyways.

A new centcom is already currently being worked on.
You better keep that thing that you are not to touch under any circumstance
(11-29-2016, 09:15 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: What about if those cloned this way had no IC knowledge about what had happened before in the round? It makes sense, as the brainscans are a copy of their mind at the start of the destiny's voyage, with no way to update them with new memories. It also means you couldn't use metaknowledge from ghost chat, or rumble a stealthy murdering traitor.

Well no, not quite. The neural uplink is constantly connected to the Destiny. Once the uplink is offline (the brain is dead/gone), then the entire conciousness and memories of the person are slowly transmitted to CentComm via the communications satellite. If the connection to CentComm is offline then, welp, no revival unless some other method is used! 

Also, deadchat would be either blocked or mostly censored upon death. Also as a ghost that is eligible for revival at CentComm will only see blacked out, unnamed figures instead of actual people, much like a ghost drone. Once eligibility is nullified (setting DNR, having the Purity trait, or selecting to not be revived at CentComm) then you'll spectate.

Not metagaming from knowledge based off of deadchat is a difficult thing to do, as you have an internal bias and you'll either try and avoid a murderer or you'll try to counteract this and stick to them. Of course, whenever there IS an antag, rounds don't usually last too long.