Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The official Cogmap2: FIX THIS SHIT thread
you can't suicide with the deep fryer cause it is right next to a table and a waste disposal unit.
(01-26-2016, 03:48 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: you can't suicide with the deep fryer cause it is right next to a table and a waste disposal unit.

I actually think the table and chair suicides should be taken out. The standing chair suicide is fine, but the other two tend to negate some of the more interesting suicides.

First world problems.

With regards to the EVA drivers, you could flip the switch and run out before or after the drivers activate. I actually love the irony option of evacuating so hard that your gib on impact. Not sure if that happens normally or just because I used the jetpack on top of it, but I call it a fine feature.
(01-26-2016, 05:06 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 03:48 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: you can't suicide with the deep fryer cause it is right next to a table and a waste disposal unit.

I actually think the table and chair suicides should be taken out. The standing chair suicide is fine, but the other two tend to negate some of the more interesting suicides.

First world problems.

With regards to the EVA drivers, you could flip the switch and run out before or after the drivers activate. I actually love the irony option of evacuating so hard that your gib on impact. Not sure if that happens normally or just because I used the jetpack on top of it, but I call it a fine feature.

Vitaroll, you actually http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5760&highlight=suicide to choose between suicides. Still think that's a great idea.
The MD still doesn't spawn with their own pair of ProDoc Health goggles.
Ol Harner does not precipitously visit the MD's office as he or she is stowing their tranquilizer rifle at round start.
There are two "Mr. Rathen"s (the unique monkey with the engineer jumpsuit) that spawn on station. One is in the test chamber and the other in engineering.
(02-14-2016, 06:01 PM)Arborinus Wrote: There are two "Mr. Rathen"s (the unique monkey with the engineer jumpsuit) that spawn on station. One is in the test chamber and the other in engineering.

they're brothers
The exits from the smelter area have crates that invariably end up in the hall. Perhaps switch the chair and the crate location so the crates are in the corner and can not be pushed into the hall
This isn't really a bug or whatever but here we go. We need a bigger test chamber. Currently the test chamber that we have is so small that even a welding fuel bomb will breach the walls. That combined with the fact that it is built right next to medbay is just asking for scientists to be banned or yelled at for experimenting. I understand the whole paranoia on a deathtrap theme but damn am I tired of being told I'm gonna be banned for testing chems in the literal test chamber.
[Image: szIdhtM.png]
Alternatively, make blundering into crates have some kind of negative effect from bashing your shins. If open, have a chance to trip and fall into it.
(02-20-2016, 05:56 PM)Dabir Wrote: Alternatively, make blundering into crates have some kind of negative effect from bashing your shins. If open, have a chance to trip and fall into it.

Only if they subsequently close on you

and
If a welder happens to be nearby, just happens to weld you inside.
(02-19-2016, 11:55 PM)lambskin Wrote: This isn't really a bug or whatever but here we go. We need a bigger test chamber. Currently the test chamber that we have is so small that even a welding fuel bomb will breach the walls. That combined with the fact that it is built right next to medbay is just asking for scientists to be banned or yelled at for experimenting. I understand the whole paranoia on a deathtrap theme but damn am I tired of being told I'm gonna be banned for testing chems in the literal test chamber.

There was supposed to be an off-station test-chamber that scientists could take a shuttle to. Early Cog2 designs show it being relatively massive and of course being in the middle of space. We really need that chamber added, especially seeing as how the current one was designed as smaller and more public with the expectation that the larger one would be present.

Not to mention that an off station test-chamber would allow for the testing of more volatile stuff than ever before without having to drag everything to the space diner.
Agreed a better test chamber is needed
(02-21-2016, 12:11 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Agreed a better test chamber is needed

I would love the old test chamber asteroid back, perhaps Cogwerks could chip in and explain why it was removed from the final map?