Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The official Cogmap2: FIX THIS SHIT thread
As AI, after switching to the far left camera in botany, pressing left (or right, one of those) switches to a camera in Toxins. Switching the other way brings you back to botany.

It's tricky to follow the hallway from escape to medbay, simply swapping left leads me somewhere into the monkey cage.
The market place merchandise-protection-bulkheads are linked between their two switches. Which means if one merchant wants to barricade himself from the capitalist masses, the other booth is off-limits.
The medbay has a couch that is flanked on both sides by impassable water fountains and coffee vending machines. 
It sits there collecting dust and possibly space credits.

[Image: f9f0c326486d4e94a8f589bcc420e4ed.png](Fig B. HoS Clown)
The two maintenance apartments behind the mechanics lab have random walls inside the glass windows after the brig layout change.
[Image: 09c5ffba83fa45bca09904538373f6e2.png]
Not exactly cogmap2, but now that space-mice eat any food they see and attack humans, a certain space mouse in the kitchen storage room will eat all the things on the racks before the chef can even spawn, and in the warehouse Mrs. Muggles usually ends up with berserker pretty quickly.

Also theres some spots in adventure zones where mice will eat the loot meant to be there.
(06-18-2016, 06:53 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Not exactly cogmap2, but now that space-mice eat any food they see and attack humans, a certain space mouse in the kitchen storage room will eat all the things on the racks before the chef can even spawn, and in the warehouse Mrs. Muggles usually ends up with berserker pretty quickly.

Also theres some spots in adventure zones where mice will eat the loot meant to be there.

This is actually a feature. The level of aggressiveness they have sends them after any food in the area, and sometimes the occasional passerby human.
Alright, I'm finally making a complaint about this.

See this image?
[Image: C8Ja8Ci.png]

The area outlined in red has a shared atmosphere. This makes it easily the largest room on the entire station.

Why is this a problem? Because hull breaches are annoying as hell to deal with. Now couple the fact hull breaches are painfully annoying with the fact that this region is MedSci, one of the most volatile places on the station that loves getting blown up every round in some capacity of another. It doesn't even have to be a big explosion, as literally a only one tile hole is needed to vent the entirety of this gigantic space. Genetics loves getting blown up every-other round, robotics has an odd tendency, chemistry is infamous for exploding, traitors love putting holes in medbay, and finally the test chamber simply exists there. (Though the test chamber situation is a hell of a lot better now with the off-station test chamber.)

The proposed solution: Add doors at the green-X's marked on the map. Sure, this ruins symmetry, and even some fun by blocking off the flaps, but it resolves a hell of a lot of problems. Also, somehow putting sliding panes/windows at the medbay receptionist booth would also be really nice, as that area becomes commonly voided and useless due to the nature of this room.
(06-24-2016, 09:42 AM)Mageziya Wrote: snip

Suggestion: replace the on-station test chamber with the buddy depot, make the flaps only feed into the research department, and extend robotics's cramped storage into the former location of the buddy depot.
(06-24-2016, 09:42 AM)Mageziya Wrote: -a good complaint-
Just make the flaps air-tight and you'll be fiiiine.
(06-24-2016, 11:17 AM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 09:42 AM)Mageziya Wrote: -a good complaint-
Just make the flaps air-tight and you'll be fiiiine.

Actually we'll still need the additional doors in the hallway and some sliding glass doors in the reception room
I was suggesting doors over the flaps because I know that sec has (or had) door-flap combos for the purpose of security when relating to beepsky's quarters.
I support doing something about the atmos breakup (or lack thereof) in MedSci. I've noticed horrible temperature drops and air leaks just getting anywhere near the bottom left corner of the station and it's a super pain in the ass.

vote hull breach rework 2016
I guess as I play Medical Doctor Often, I can give my opinion on the atmospherics issue. I agree with everything Mageziya said, plus one other thing.
You know that little table separating chemistry from the medbay entrance? Put one of those sliding glass panels there, so if chemistry gets breached it won't affect medbay.
Chemistry has privacy shutters that they're supposed to use if breaches occur, but everyone's forgotten that they exist. You can also crowbar down the firedoors there if the shutters aren't dropped.
(07-10-2016, 08:30 AM)Mageziya Wrote: Chemistry has privacy shutters that they're supposed to use if breaches occur, but everyone's forgotten that they exist. You can also crowbar down the firedoors there if the shutters aren't dropped.

I think the shutters are actually missing a button to activate them.
(07-10-2016, 09:35 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 08:30 AM)Mageziya Wrote: Chemistry has privacy shutters that they're supposed to use if breaches occur, but everyone's forgotten that they exist. You can also crowbar down the firedoors there if the shutters aren't dropped.

I think the shutters are actually missing a button to activate them.

I believe the button is only in the RD's office. 

Also those dumb buttons are always the first to go when an explosion occurs, I wish they didn't break so often.