Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add more medical conditions
Cryo is fantastic, I use it all the time. It's way better for healing off someone's wounds than wasting Medbay's finite chems (especially when it comes to TOX damage, which is a horrible waste of charcoal to treat otherwise), and the fire-and-forget nature is excellent for triage. It allows you to spend your time focusing on treating syndromes and conditions rather than patching up residual damage on people whose condition is serious but not critical.
A porta-cryo would be something I'd like to see
Amuys Wrote:A porta-cryo would be something I'd like to see
Isn't that basically what the old Port-A-Med was?

Okay technically it was a sleeper and not a cryo pod, but the same principle applies.
When I first started a good time a go, we used to have that having your limbs blown off would make you bleed out of them until a doc can patch you up or you cauterize the wound.... This NEEDS to be a thing again.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:When I first started a good time a go, we used to have that having your limbs blown off would make you bleed out of them until a doc can patch you up or you cauterize the wound.... This NEEDS to be a thing again.
I keep seeing a lot of suggestions along these lines, with multiple people clamoring for the return of explosions causing more damage. And I get the need for that and the reasoning behind it, but you need to consider balancing. Sure, it seems kind of silly that explosions and delimbings cause as (comparatively) little damage as they do for what happens, but that's because it's a common occurrence to the point of being borderline ubiquitous. As a matter of fact, "Goonstation" and "explosions" might as well be synonymous.

In short, if getting your limbs blown off becomes more lethal, suddenly every single thing in the game that can blow limbs off becomes infinitely more powerful. Bombs already give you severe injuries, usually make you start suffocating and/or taking more damage from the cold due to hull breaches, and restrict your movement and/or utility due to your lack of limbs. They're deadly as hell already to most victims; adding this function in would add another damage source to that stack, making them MORE deadly.

Is that a bad thing? Not on its own, no. But if this sort of system is implemented, it isn't going to be simple and easy, and will more than likely involve a complete shift in balance as far as weapons go. And, to be perfectly honest, it's a shift in balance that's not really necessary and may not end up being worth the effort.
As far as medical stuff goes, I think it would be nice to have more internal organs. Lungs, liver, intestines, kidneys, etc. The main reason I think this would be neat is how it could interact with forensics. Have different means of damage, drugs, medicines, and poisons effect the organs differently. Then we could start actually using the morgue to perform autopsies to determine cause of death.
Frank_Stein Wrote:As far as medical stuff goes, I think it would be nice to have more internal organs. Lungs, liver, intestines, kidneys, etc. The main reason I think this would be neat is how it could interact with forensics. Have different means of damage, drugs, medicines, and poisons effect the organs differently. Then we could start actually using the morgue to perform autopsies to determine cause of death.
I could foresee a lot of liver failure related death.