Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
add old nuke back to rotation
As would I
What about a second group of nukeops who fight the regular group so they would be the ones to blow up the station?
(06-01-2016, 01:30 PM)Superlagg Wrote: What about a second group of nukeops who fight the regular group so they would be the ones to blow up the station?

green syndies vs red syndies
I actually preferred some of the alternatives being listed. The steal this, destroy that, kidnap them ones. Choose like 2-4 objectives depending upon syndicate team size and let them go ham.

Objective#1: Destroy the PTL.
Objective#2: Kidnap Dr. Acula and imprison them on the syndicate station.
Objective#3: Steal the Captain's Antique Laser and return it to the syndicate station.
Objective#4: Kidnap the Chaplain and imprison them on the syndicate station.
Just make it so they can be alive or dead as long as their body is there. Alive would be...better? But it prevents shitty player suicides.
(06-01-2016, 11:53 PM)poland spring Wrote: Just make it so they can be alive or dead as long as their body is there. Alive would be...better? But it prevents shitty player suicides.

I don't want them to just kill the person and take the corpse back. Maybe 'alive or suicided'?
(06-01-2016, 11:34 PM)Erev Wrote: I actually preferred some of the alternatives being listed. The steal this, destroy that, kidnap them ones. Choose like 2-4 objectives depending upon syndicate team size and let them go ham.

Objective#1: Destroy the PTL.
Objective#2: Kidnap Dr. Acula and imprison them on the syndicate station.
Objective#3: Steal the Captain's Antique Laser and return it to the syndicate station.
Objective#4: Kidnap the Chaplain and imprison them on the syndicate station.

This would be great in so many ways. I like the non-lethal nature of it, though you will probably end up killing people to keep it that way!
To prevent kidnapping suicide maybe give the antags some specialized implant that stops the target's suicide. Could just be the robusttec ones but those work only once.
The biggest problem with all that, if the team starts as well armed as the nukeops it's way too easy.
(06-03-2016, 05:16 AM)UmmonTL Wrote: The biggest problem with all that, if the team starts as well armed as the nukeops it's way too easy.

It's not "too easy". Try to prevent someone's death using a RPG. Without getting caught, obviously.
Hey I think this is a cool idea, the original idea I mean, not the posts afterwards that tried to overcomplicate the original idea with gimmicky additions. Variety is the spice of life after all.
(06-12-2016, 12:15 PM)Huff H Law Wrote: Hey I think this is a cool idea, the original idea I mean, not the posts afterwards that tried to overcomplicate the original idea with gimmicky additions. Variety is the spice of life after all.

I like this because it would create a sort of attack-defend paradigm in nuke rounds.

In old nuke, the crew was tasked with defending the disk from the attacking syndies.

In new nuke, the syndies are tasked with defending the bomb from the attacking crew.

It adds some variety and keeps people on their toes.
i am bumping this thread
maybe we could combine the two by requiring the syndies to steal the disk again in order to setup the bomb for the defense portion
(06-14-2015, 06:04 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: I like the idea of a Heist like Frank said. If only we had a real bank on the station

The bridge has computers that have access to the stations budget. We could add a new feature where the station has a random set of assets at the start of each round. You can sell them, but not the core assets. They are essentially Nanotrasen stock and other assets. Think about the CEO job being able to sell some of the assets in a RP corporate merger or sell some of the R&D information to a laboratory. The master thieves must steal all the core assets and sell them off to the syndicate to win. How do they steal those assets? They have to hack their way into the bridge computers and manually steal the core assets. The only way you can get them is by hacking the computers.
My question: What was the old nuke mode? Is that where the nuke started on station?