Goonstation Forums
add old nuke back to rotation - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: add old nuke back to rotation (/showthread.php?tid=4953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

add old nuke back to rotation - babayetu83 - 06-13-2015

why can't we have both old AND new nuke on rotation

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 06-13-2015

Eh. The core idea of Old Nuke could be reassembled into something more interesting but as it is there's little reason to.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Ed Venture - 06-13-2015

RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:Eh. The core idea of Old Nuke could be reassembled into something more interesting but as it is there's little reason to.
I agree, I rather it was made it into a new game mode with a twist rather then the same old, same old. Though I would not mind having both though

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Frank_Stein - 06-13-2015

What was nice about old Nuke was the syndicates had a strong team that could pop in and rely on stealth or straight up assault.

I'd be down for some kind heist, kidnapping, or something like Rev where all the heads need to be dead style objectives for a team of syndicates to plan out.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 06-14-2015

Whatever it is, if it is to exist, it needs to be something that incentivizes stealth. There has to be ample reason a straight up assault won't work out well or it's just New Nuke with a different objective and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - vampirate - 06-14-2015

Why not just make a nuke round objective either/or?

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Gannets - 06-14-2015

I like the idea of Team with Weapons having to Steal Thing and return it to Location.

That could be a fun extra thing, nuke op related or not.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Ed Venture - 06-14-2015

I like the idea of a Heist like Frank said. If only we had a real bank on the station

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Vitatroll - 06-14-2015

I like the idea of more team-based antags. Not so much the idea of bringing back old nuke. I mean, the idea of stealth in old nuke was either derringer the smart captain, or emag the dumb captain's safe. Neither are very team-based. Neither are all that fun. The other way of dealing with nuke is not so much different than the current one, it's just that now the syndicates are the ones who have to protect something.

There are better ways to incorporate stealth-based team-ops than old nuke, and I support this line of thinking. Unfortunately, I'm too tired to think of any myself. I'll hang up and try again later. Beep-beep-beep.

(We already have a couple PD2-like masks. One is a direct port, more or less. A heist would be hilarious/awesome if people played along.)

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Xeram - 06-14-2015

PAYDAY: The Fart

On a mission to kidnap Heisenbee steal valueable plasma research data and the captain's bonsai tree various other valueable loot.

I'd like to see some kind of heist mode, objective: Steal XX and XXXXXXXX credits worth of junk

Or maybe some more specific items and less looting everything in sight but.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Stryxic - 06-14-2015

Xeram Wrote:PAYDAY: The Fart

On a mission to kidnap Heisenbee steal valueable plasma research data and the captain's bonsai tree various other valueable loot.

I'd like to see some kind of heist mode, objective: Steal XX and XXXXXXXX credits worth of junk

Perhaps just like the regular traitor objectives scaled up? Instead of 'Steal the captains jumpsut' it's 'Steal the Captain' where you have to take the Captain alive back to the Syndie base.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Noah Buttes - 06-14-2015

Stryxic Wrote:

Perhaps just like the regular traitor objectives scaled up? Instead of 'Steal the captains jumpsut' it's 'Steal the Captain' where you have to take the Captain alive back to the Syndie base.

Personally, I'd love to see hostage taking happen more often.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - Stryxic - 06-14-2015

Only issue I can see is that whoever is being taken hostage might suicide, but that would be uncool. I imagine that'd be something that admins would have to watch out for, and it might be slightly more work for them.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - atomic1fire - 06-14-2015

Why not do something with the Armory.

Secret documents that a strike team have to steal and deliver to the syndicate shuttle. Call them something fancy like weapon designs.

For an challenge give them an extra objective, like steal an Item that can be found using the pinpointer, Or kill the AI.

Re: add old nuke back to rotation - APARTHEID - 06-14-2015

Stryxic Wrote:

Pretty much this, but with other heads as well. Bring the HoP, the RD, and the Head Surgeon back alive!