Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Concepts for new artifacts
-Full size artifacts-

• Weapon Nullifier: Artifact activates and locks in place for a while (similar to the shield one), and prevents discharge of any electric weapons (tasers, phasers, e-guns, stun guns, flashes). Kinetic weaponry might remain operational.
  • Deborging Artifact (credit babayetu): The exact inverse of a borging artifact. Turns cyborgs into flesh-and-blood humans.
  • Jump Artifact: If you touch it, you're moved three tiles towards the artifact (e.g. touch it from the bottom, you're one tile away from it on the top side - works with diagonals). Could be used for interesting shenanigans, but less powerful than the warp-to-target handheld and easily stolen.
  • Alien Food Dispensary: When activated, it creates a  small nutrient cube laced with a few random chems (same per artifact, but random across different artifacts) with a cooldown similar to the healing wave artifact. Possible balance consideration: cubes can be analyzed, but not dissolved (only eaten).
  • Alien Generator: When activated, it freezes still  and provides power to the APC of the area it's within for a few minute duration. Can have side effects within the zone such as random sparks and lighting flickers.
-Handhelds-

• Bio-Rectifier: Hitting a human or monkey removes all diseases from them immediately, from the common cold to berserker to GBS.
  • Alien Instrument: Can be used a la bike horn or vuvuzela to trigger its random-per-item noise at a random pitch.
  • Alien Tech Welder: It's a welder that runs on battery power like a powered pickaxe, but is self recharging. Batteries are non-replaceable.
-Other (like seeds/batteries)-
  • Alien Mind Unit: Can be inserted into cyborgs and (intact) dead bodies to make them autonomous, taking a random ghost player and inserting them into the body. Bonus for Destiny: add RP rules on "respawn" based on the origin (Robot is a service or security drone, Wizard is a scholarly assistant or guardian, Eldritch is a former imprisoned demon, etc).
My goal here is to try and find as many possibilities as I can in the hope at least one of them will be good. If you have better ideas I would actually love to hear them - artifacts are cool and any added variation is probs a good thing.
I love the welder one. It's similar to the beaker artifacts in that it takes existing items around the station and improves them. I feel like that's a good direction to go in with some new artifacts.

We could see some stuff like artifact handcuffs that can't be resisted out of, or artifact clothing that's flame proof.
artifact that makes u lizard, roach/ant man, meatcube, monkey, martian
(02-23-2016, 12:26 AM)misto Wrote: artifact that makes u lizard, roach/ant man, meatcube, monkey, martian

Expanding on this idea a Human to Critter converter. Should be a rare one. Depending on what is most balanced/amusing, you could do it a few ways:
- Once used it disappears. Turns you into a random critter.
- Multiple uses, everyone who touches it turns into the same critter. You might get a lot of people touching it to become a monkey or a wendigo, not as many people touching it to become a meatcube or plasma spore.
- Multiple uses, which critter the person is turned into is randomly selected each time.
(02-24-2016, 05:44 AM)locusts Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 12:26 AM)misto Wrote: artifact that makes u lizard, roach/ant man, meatcube, monkey, martian

Expanding on this idea a Human to Critter converter. Should be a rare one. Depending on what is most balanced/amusing, you could do it a few ways:
- Once used it disappears. Turns you into a random critter.
- Multiple uses, everyone who touches it turns into the same critter. You might get a lot of people touching it to become a monkey or a wendigo, not as many people touching it to become a meatcube or plasma spore.
- Multiple uses, which critter the person is turned into is randomly selected each time.

Am customs officer at centcom

Escape shuttle from space station 13 docks

A whole shitload of wendigos disembark

A wendigo wearing a captain's hat says "'Sup"

Fuck this, I'm gonna work at space walmart
I can't wait to get an alien instrument that makes wendigo/Bad Shit noises
Anyway A++ I like all of these, especially support the critter-verter and the mind unit
Another critter one: a handheld critter spawner. Click a tile, and a critter appears there. Fill sec with cats while standing outside!
I feel like the alien mind unit is necessary, we definitely need more ways to get dead people back into the round.
Artifact butts: The butt of a random alien. Comes in strange colors and can have googly eyes and shit. Can be made into buttbots that say weird things or attached to debutted assistants to change their farts into a different sound effect.
What about artifact organs? Remove a volunteers heart and replace it with a twitching mass. What could possibly go wrong?
(03-12-2016, 03:06 AM)Grifflez Wrote: What about artifact organs? Remove a volunteers heart and replace it with a twitching mass. What could possibly go wrong?

Preferably if there's a way to tell what they they are, like how you can tighten or loosen your grip on artifact beakers. It'd likely be like other organs where they make a splat of blood if you throw them at something.

Actually, since hearts are containers for reagents, load artifact hearts with colorful reagent. That way your blood color changes when you get one in a transplant and it has a cool scifi result.
Artifact hearts:
10% chance of a huge increase in stamina
50% chance your blood changes color
50% chance of getting a heart that gives you seizures
1% chance of heart bee
Pod artifacts.
(03-12-2016, 11:24 AM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote: 50% chance of getting a heart that gives you seizures
Heart's don't give you seizures.
(03-12-2016, 03:06 AM)Grifflez Wrote: What about artifact organs? Remove a volunteers heart and replace it with a twitching mass. What could possibly go wrong?

I will casually draw attention to my previous thread on this exact idea, seconding my support (and also using it as an idea repository)