Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Escape shuttle is weird. So what makes a good round end?
(11-26-2021, 12:43 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Larger shuttles would be a pretty big mapping endeavor. You'd have to redesign every shuttle for every map, and then all the variants that have been made of the shuttles for each of those maps, then redesign all of centcomm's docks (which i believe exists in a z level that is shared by other things and is therefore competing for space) and all relevant portions of maps themselves (Manta comes to mind as particularly problematic for this). It's not quite a human resprite tier project, but it's sure as hell not something that someone just decides to do one day and hopes that it'll be received well by devs.

I'm not a mapper, but the most efficient way in my opinion to design larger shuttles is to just conglomerate all stations with the same, equally large shuttle, this way, we could cut down on some of the docks in the centcomm z-level and save space. All that's left is to just remap the current stations to fit said shuttle. The one problem I see with this is that some stations might be more difficult to remap than others, like Manta, but you could probably rearrange engineering and escape and stick the escape shuttle on the outside of the station behind.
(11-26-2021, 06:48 PM)Jakson Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 12:43 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Larger shuttles would be a pretty big mapping endeavor. You'd have to redesign every shuttle for every map, and then all the variants that have been made of the shuttles for each of those maps, then redesign all of centcomm's docks (which i believe exists in a z level that is shared by other things and is therefore competing for space) and all relevant portions of maps themselves (Manta comes to mind as particularly problematic for this). It's not quite a human resprite tier project, but it's sure as hell not something that someone just decides to do one day and hopes that it'll be received well by devs.

I'm not a mapper, but the most efficient way in my opinion to design larger shuttles is to just conglomerate all stations with the same, equally large shuttle, this way, we could cut down on some of the docks in the centcomm z-level and save space. All that's left is to just remap the current stations to fit said shuttle. The one problem I see with this is that some stations might be more difficult to remap than others, like Manta, but you could probably rearrange engineering and escape and stick the escape shuttle on the outside of the station behind.

Someone seems to have begun doing something like to this, it seems.

edit: late night thought about the problem with dead people not being able to vote. what if the vote was just weighted in some way, or allowed ghosts to vote (it's not like nt doesnt have other ghost-related tech floating all over.)

It could be something as simple as scaling yes votes by some factor derived from dead crewmembers. Decent chunk of the playerbase gone? there's an inherent but not overwhelming advantage to yes votes because NT wants to change out the shift for a fuller, more productive one. The manifest looks more like the obituary pages after a murder rampage and several bombs? It would take a lot more confident and uncontested no votes to keep things rolling at that point, if its even possible to beat the odds.
(11-26-2021, 09:46 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 06:48 PM)Jakson Wrote:

Someone seems to have begun doing something like to this, it seems.

edit: late night thought about the problem with dead people not being able to vote. what if the vote was just weighted in some way, or allowed ghosts to vote (it's not like nt doesnt have other ghost-related tech floating all over.)

It could be something as simple as scaling yes votes by some factor derived from dead crewmembers. Decent chunk of the playerbase gone? there's an inherent but not overwhelming advantage to yes votes because NT wants to change out the shift for a fuller, more productive one. The manifest looks more like the obituary pages after a murder rampage and several bombs? It would take a lot more confident and uncontested no votes to keep things rolling at that point, if its even possible to beat the odds.

This is a good idea, I agree!
Dead people votes being counted is a simple solution that is very simple to implement, but it does not account for AFK dead people who don't care to vote. Your weighted solution might be better if we want to care for dead people who already left the game.