Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.59 Average
Removing Urine
I like piss and farts. I think they're kind of funny, and they feel like a big part of the game's identity to me. If people are being gross or fetishistic about it, can't they just be banned for a rule 4 violation?
There is a lot worse in the game than pee, and it's not like the pee in goon is hyperealistic... its yellow. Like pee.
If anything, i'd argue someone gibbing is a lot more graphic than pee in the halls. So hard no for me, I want my piss to spread station wide if I can help it.

Quick edit, just make it harder to flood a station with pee. Easy, done.
I'd be fine with seeing piss gone.
I could probably even be convinced that farts are more bad then good if someone tried hard enough.
(06-02-2021, 02:17 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: I'd be fine with seeing piss gone.
I could probably even be convinced that farts are more bad then good if someone tried hard enough.

hMMMMM let me get my thinking juice out
sip

OK, here's why you should remove farts THIS INSTANT:
They're gross!! ew who wants to listen to people fart for 5 minutes straight. Cmon just think of sitting next to someone and they're just spamming the F key or whatever to try and be funny. Since when? Not funny!!!
They're evil!! You can choke on your own farts and plasmaflood with it!! As a NONANTAG!! Easiest self antag tool EVER
it could turn into ERP!1!11!! actually it WILL! it does!! why isnt it removed already?? think of all the rules broken already for YEARS!!

if you look closely, this is very similar to the argument for removing pee. think wisely
Just make piss function as puddles like triplepiss. Including how fast you can scoop it up.
(06-02-2021, 09:09 AM)Souricelle Wrote: A more serious answer:

Pee is funny and if we go through and remove everything everyone thinks is gross, there won't be any bodily fluids left by the end of the summer.

However, I do agree that pissflooding every round is stupid. An idea I proposed in admin chat is that pissing should damage your kidneys somewhat, especially if you try to do it quickly, so that if you do something to try to produce that much pee your kidneys will explode and you will be unable to continue peeing until you replace them. Also you might die IDK how kidneys work. This would prevent the every round pissflooding but a really, really determined person could probably still make some comedy happen and chemistry wouldn't get messed up.

Synthkidneys should produce some other fluid, something funny and plant related. Robot kidneys should just make a funny noise and inform the player that their kidneys are automatically converting metabolic waste into usable energy.

[Image: 038.jpg?w=600]

this! piss removal is way too far a step, but this is a decent alternative, deincentivises piss floods, but keeps it in game
Excessive pissing leading to kidney damage is hilarious and I fully support it.
as for my thoughts on piss removal, ARE YOU INSANE? WHAT? ITS A CRITICAL PART OF SO MANY CHEMS, ITS PART OF GOON CULTURE AT THIS POINT, AS MUCH AS FARTS OR GIBS! pissflooding is annoying sure, but its as annoying as any other chem flood, which is far more easy to do anyways....

(06-02-2021, 02:38 PM)Camryn Wrote: Excessive pissing leading to kidney damage is hilarious and I fully support it.

could also instead of adding in kidney dammage, add in a chance to have a kidney stone appear and deal massive brute dammage
This just seems silly, honestly. I'd rather not remove it, cause it's just gonna feel like more and more options to do silly things with are being taken away, and people are already kind of apathetic as it is. Just make it harder to do, ideally.
(06-02-2021, 02:26 PM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: hMMMMM let me get my thinking juice out
sip

OK, here's why you should remove farts THIS INSTANT:
They're gross!! ew who wants to listen to people fart for 5 minutes straight. Cmon just think of sitting next to someone and they're just spamming the F key or whatever to try and be funny. Since when? Not funny!!!
They're evil!! You can choke on your own farts and plasmaflood with it!! As a NONANTAG!! Easiest self antag tool EVER
it could turn into ERP!1!11!! actually it WILL! it does!! why isnt it removed already?? think of all the rules broken already for YEARS!!

if you look closely, this is very similar to the argument for removing pee. think wisely

A prime example of reductio ad absurdum. AKA, throwing around an absurd arguement to try to completely nullify another. Please try to remain constructive in your arguments.
I don't think it's worth removing currently. It seems to be rarely if at all used for things that are deemed uncomfortable by other players. The two common things I see it used for (other than, y'know, doing chemistry) are floods and the occasional person who tricks you into drinking it. The latter of the two is most of the time treated as (and is meant to be) toilet humor, on the same level as shoving someone to the ground and farting on them. Urine floods can be nerfed or removed rather than the chemical itself. The changes Souricelle mentioned in their previous post would be much better in my opinion and require less work than just straight up removing it.

EDIT: I should mention that this is from the perspective of someone who is mainly playing classic servers rather than roleplay. No idea if it's more common to happen on roleplay.
(06-02-2021, 02:32 PM)Brixx79 Wrote: Just make piss function as puddles like triplepiss. Including how fast you can scoop it up.

definitely something like this / the kidneys solution, removing pee is really dramatic for "it's gross!"

maybe even both, but having a pee pool gimmick would be ruined like this i guess

in general, going straight to the "nuclear option" per se, which is removing pee from existence, is pretty harsh. From my personal experience (a fair hundred of hours on main, so not a lot to many of you), I never saw any ERP take place, much less with pee specifically. the worst I saw was the radio show host being space racist.. that's it. I don't know if this is more of an issue on the other goon servers, as I've barely played on them and haven't touched RP at all.
Another option presented has been to analyze the flood mechanics in general and look at how much bodily fluid a single person can produce. Addicts are vomiting unreasonable amounts and a single body apparently has several dozen gallons of blood in it. These are both annoying and people are running them into the ground too.
(06-02-2021, 02:39 PM)Theunsolved-puzzle Wrote: as for my thoughts on piss removal, ARE YOU INSANE? WHAT? ITS A CRITICAL PART OF SO MANY CHEMS, ITS PART OF GOON CULTURE AT THIS POINT, AS MUCH AS FARTS OR GIBS! pissflooding is annoying sure, but its as annoying as any other chem flood, which is far more easy to do anyways....

Id just like to point out that really only two chems rely on piss, that being saltpetre and triple piss. Changing these recipes/changing the chems would be nearly trivially easy

While the kidney mechanic would help, it def wouldnt be a full fix. With the way people treat piss esp in regards to the rp server, it just makes me uncomfortable. Piss floods are only part of the issue, in general people can behave extremely weirdly with the chem. Overall i would not complain one bit if piss was removed.
(06-02-2021, 02:55 PM)Ikea Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 02:39 PM)Theunsolved-puzzle Wrote: as for my thoughts on piss removal, ARE YOU INSANE? WHAT? ITS A CRITICAL PART OF SO MANY CHEMS, ITS PART OF GOON CULTURE AT THIS POINT, AS MUCH AS FARTS OR GIBS! pissflooding is annoying sure, but its as annoying as any other chem flood, which is far more easy to do anyways....

Id just like to point out that really only two chems rely on piss, that being saltpetre and triple piss. Changing these recipes/changing the chems would be nearly trivially easy

While the kidney mechanic would help, it def wouldnt be a full fix. With the way people treat piss esp in regards to the rp server, it just makes me uncomfortable. Piss floods are only part of the issue, in general people can behave extremely weirdly with the chem. Overall i would not complain one bit if piss was removed.

What kind of experiences? Over on main nothing beyond pissfloods happen so I think people are having different sides to the story based on what they mainly play on.

(And what stops someone from just using the emote to roleplay that they're pissing anyways, even if it doesn't work anymore? The same thing that should be stopping them from being weird with it now, no?)