Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brixx's Medieval Mat Sci
So I've been working hard to do a bunch of new sprites for Mat Sci, but work's started up for me again (finally) and it's put a serious dent in my attempt to try and learn coding.  I'm hoping there's an experienced coder out there that wants to help me champion this project and develop more new toys.  More than willing to keep working on sprites for this though I might need a hand setting up ways to code and test them.

Also have math for weapons and such not posted here, but feel they need adjustments.

New Material Parts

Blades

Chain

Handle

Guard

Sledgehead

Sphere

Staff

Mat Sci Weapons

New Arrow

Bolas

New Bow

Hand Axe

Mace

Sledgehammer

Notice I got the transparencies set up so you can see the handle through the head!
glass/glass, synthrubber/glass, glass/synthrubber

New Spear

An alternate spear I like but needs a 3rd layer for the cloth

Spiked Gloves

Also did an alternate for the drawn bow

Current sprites

.dmi   MedievalMatSci.dmi (Size: 12.77 KB / Downloads: 109)
Hot damn! These tickle the inner clown in me!

Exciting!
Can you combine these freely, or are they given set combinations? I'd love to make a weird hammer-flail-staff thing.

Edit: the sprites are fabulous, great job!
They're designed for weapons to be built from set recipes using the parts.  For the weapons shown the theorized recipes would be:

Arrow [Arrowhead + 1 metal/organic]
Bolas [2 Spheres + 1 chain]
Bow [2 metal/organic + 1 Fabric]
Hand Axe [1 blade + 2 handle]
Mace [1 Sphere + 1 handle]
Sledgehammer [1 Sledgehead + 2 handle]
Spear [1 Arrowhead + 1 Staff]
Spiked Gloves [2 Blades + Armored Gloves]
Knife [1 Blade + 1 Handle]

Hoping we can flag anything with a rubber weapon head to be a 'toy' version with the sound effect and animation, but only 1 damage.

Forgot to add the basic knife!

Plans for other upcoming things:
Spiked Ball
Sword
Rapier
Halberd
Lucern (Mega) Sledge
Man Catcher
Flail
Battleaxe
Claymore

Helms (that you can add glasses to as a flip down visor)
Shield (Special effect based on highest stat)
Containment Vest (Like Sec's armored vest, but more for cold/heat/etc. resistances than defense. Can slap on certain suits like a sec vest)
Custom Armor (Takes the 3 highest stats and turns them mega defense. Takes lowest 3 and makes them mega weaknesses)
Catapult
Spotlight (Would like to be able to add signal covers that add holographic designs. eg warning off an area around a blob)

There's also been a lot of discussion on discord regarding other changes that should happen. Adding a smelting point for ores when alloying them and creating a radiation resistance stat being the main two.

More "wishlisty" type stuff includes fixing the material analyzer and adding an extra use for the ore box cash input via mineral magnet upgrades (auto scan asteroids, pay to pull a type, auto repair the magnet, pull faster but damage more, etc.)
Wouldn't the flail just be Handle + Chain + Sphere?
(05-09-2021, 02:42 PM)TheRealFlapJackson Wrote: Wouldn't the flail just be Handle + Chain + Sphere?

Plan was Handle + Chain + Spiked Ball for that one! Though nothing is set in stone yet.

Edit: Might as well post the plan for the others. Two handed ones in particular are still WiP's.

Spiked Ball: [1 sphere + 2 arrowheads]
Sword: [1 handle + 1 guard + 1 blade]
Rapier: [1 handle + 1 guard + 1 arrow]
Halberd: [2 staff + 2 blade]
Lucern Sledge: [2 staff + 2 sledgehead]
Man Catcher: [2 staff + 1 guard + 1 chain]
Battleaxe: [2 handle + 4 blade]
Claymore: [2 handle + 2 guard + 2 blade]

Edit Edit: Note to self - While working on two handed weapons add a pike or other large spear
Spiked Balls

Flaborized let me know I should really be using border definition on my sprites so I have gone through and redone all my old ones.

Parts:

Blades

Grips

Guards

Spheres

Sledgeheads

Chain

Staves

Spiked Balls

Weapons:

Arrows

Bolas

Bows (at rest/ready)

Handaxes

Knives

Maces

Sledgehammers

Spears

Spiked/Bladed Gloves

And now that I've got 3 layers working I can do

Swords:

Rapiers

this is so pog i cant wait for matsci to have cool stuff. its like tinker construct from minecraft