Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Vampire cannot use Enthrall on AI
Hello! I had an issue earlier today wherein I mistformed into the AI core and attempted to use Enthrall on the AI core while standing on top of it. The blood was used and a cooldown issued, but the AI was not enthralled. I tried a second time with the same results, costing 800 blood total. Oof.
I feel that this shouldn't work at all anyways

Entrhalling from what I recall involves injecting the target with infected blood
I hear you, Ive never had a chance to try in the past myself but im not sure it quite makes sense. We should update the wiki/in game description if thats the case.
Enthralling the AI isn't like, a bug, it's supposed to happen. With borgs and the AI, the vampire pumps their circuits full of blood. Yeah it doesn't make much sense but neither do vampires, and it's a cool thing that only the vampire can do, and is really rare to happen as is, it should be a thing that can be done
I've definetely enthralled an AI before and it worked just fine, though it was long time ago (maybe like six months ago?). Would be a neat feature to have.
Probably related to this.
(09-11-2018, 06:37 AM)Sov Wrote: I feel that this shouldn't work at all anyways

Entrhalling from what I recall involves injecting the target with infected blood
Enthralling silicons and AIs is a feature and has special code dedicated to handling it.

Example:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...all.dm#L90
Thanks for linking that Noah, I love the silicon messages, super cool
hi yes