Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
[Updated] Smaller pocket tanks, Air Vending Machines!
This is a really simple patch, but what it does is decrease the volume of an emergency O2 tank to 1/4 the volume of a normal one. They still start with the same amount of air, so they last the same amount by default, but if you fill them all the way they won't last as long. This means pocket tanks no longer last you the whole round, instead being only used for their purpose, emergencies.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s?expand=1

PS: Sorry for having the .gitignore in the compare
I have no actual feedback (yet), I just think its very funny 'cause we had this exact same conversation + subsequent patching about 2-3 years ago.

What changed? did the volume go up or something since then????

Edit : oh wait I see it now - cogwerks reduced the starting air amount. NOT the volume capacity. yeah this looks good to me!
The volume doesn't change, at least not in tanks.dm... I'll do some more investigating

EDIT: Looks like the amount of gas they start with was decreased, but total volume remained the same.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now I can't have pocket air canisters!!!
(12-03-2017, 05:59 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now I can't have pocket air canisters!!!

Don't portable plasma tanks work?

I'm not actually sure how to move gas in and out of those things.
Hey what the heck I like having pocket air canisters :-(
I actually like and agree with this patch, but if I recall it was shot down, violently, when spoke about in the ideas forum.

Basically it was noted that due to the catastrophe that is our atmos system, which results in air and heat being instantly sucked out at breaches, but no method of having air/heat being put back in efficiently enough to not warrent you gauging out your eyeballs from your sockets while screaming "we don't need eyes to see where we're going" at Laurence Fishburne, results in the necessity for pocket air canisters.

Should repressurizing EVER get fixed in any shape or form then I'd say the community at hand would probably be a bit warmer to this idea.
Just quaff a bunch of salb you big babies.

But honestly, I'd prefer that, in addition to this, more options for non-backpack air tanks to be a thing. Like add air capacity to space suits.
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8247

The idea got shot down due to how funky atmos is (Never had difficulty repressurizing rooms but then I also don't leave a can open in the corner of the room at max).
(12-04-2017, 07:31 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Just quaff a bunch of salb you big babies.

But honestly, I'd prefer that, in addition to this, more options for non-backpack air tanks to be a thing. Like add air capacity to space suits.

Superlagg is correct. The main reason the emergency tanks are so popular is simply because all other air tanks require either giving up your backpack or holding it inhand(which will cause you to suffocate if you get disarmed or stunned). I think we should do what tgstation did and give space suits their own dedicated slot for air tanks.
Something that would be handy is more options to fill the little tanks.

Something like a vending machine that you can pop the air canister in and pay to fill it, that would be located in key public areas
This probably had to happen eventually.
(12-04-2017, 08:11 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Something that would be handy is more options to fill the little tanks.

Something like a vending machine that you can pop the air canister in and pay to fill it, that would be located in key public areas

Discount Dan's Oxygen Emporium
(12-04-2017, 08:11 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Something that would be handy is more options to fill the little tanks.

I like this idea, I may try to work on it.
(12-04-2017, 04:12 PM)elan_oots Wrote: I like this idea, I may try to work on it.

I would definitely like the idea more if there was something like this.