Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
With an even heavier heart and tears in my eyes nerf pocket internals
The little emergency tanks should have a safety valve that ruptures at 50 or something pressure instead of letting you charge them to 1013 and breathe all round without any tradeoffs.  Remember when pocket boxes/stealth storages were pro tier items because you could have both storage AND internals?
I'll pass on this one.

The station gets depressurized regularly and repressurizing is pretty iffy for even small, room-specific breaches. Sending people to regularly refill o2 tanks is not fun, nor adds appreciably to gameplay.

I mean, yes, the idea of a traitor poisoning the "watering hole" air can with CO2 warms the cockles of my heart. But in most cases it's not going to add anything but suffering.
As much as I love having my 1013 tank I have to agree. You can just fill that thing up and never worry about O2 the entire round without losing your backpack or a hand slot. 50 seems like a good number to me.
Make some internals vending machines where you can buy tanks, masks, and refill them and I'd be okay with this change

EDIT: Maybe also crowbars and fire extinguishers for a general purpose emergency response vendor
Pretty sure etanks do have less volume. kPa is just a unit of pressure. Kinda wish we could read moles.

Anyways, I'm not really for it - and I'm generally nerf happy! At least not until we counter the fact that one asshat with a blunt object can render a large section of the station airless for most, if not all, of a round.
(02-22-2017, 01:56 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Make some internals vending machines where you can buy tanks, masks, and refill them and I'd be okay with this change

EDIT: Maybe also crowbars and fire extinguishers for a general purpose emergency response vendor

Absolutely, we need more useful things to spend our space-money on. Making people pay for breathable air also sounds hilariously dystopian. I'd support emergency O2 tanks being made lower capacity if better tanks could be acquired with a little effort.
Yeah please don't nerf this it's not needed. Horrible idea in my opinion.
(02-22-2017, 01:56 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Make some internals vending machines where you can buy tanks, masks, and refill them and I'd be okay with this change

I like this a lot, it could also vend flashlights!
Please no. If you want to lower the overall volume somewhat a so a filled one doesn't last the entire round, ok, but the things are scarce enough as it is without having to carry around a bunch of spares for any kind of extended use.
I agree. The point is that they're not for extended use, its in the name: emergency. 
But dropping it from 1000 to 50 is rather absurd.
Having it at 500 kpa is far better. 500 kpa still lasts a considerable amount of time, while still can be weighed out.
An emergency vending machine is a great idea. But remember that general manufacturer serves the purpose to a degree.
(02-22-2017, 03:34 PM)Sundance Wrote: I agree. The point is that they're not for extended use, its in the name: emergency. 
But dropping it from 1000 to 50 is rather absurd.
Having it at 500 kpa is far better. 500 kpa still lasts a considerable amount of time, while still can be weighed out.
An emergency vending machine is a great idea. But remember that general manufacturer serves the purpose to a degree.

I wonder how long 500 lasts on oxygen and on air, maybe the goal should be to have it last like 5 minutes or 10 minutes or something specific.
the spacemans trusty friend

they should last longer if theyre filled with nice oxygen because u can set the release pressure low smile but its ok to cap them at like 20 min if filled from the common air cans scattered about and set to air release levels. 20 min is enough to get reasonable use out of it before starting to choke and go for a refill.

newbies die a lot because they dont realize they need air or dont know how to turn it on or dont realize that they start choking and dying when their internals run out, and showing them the glory of an overfilled emergency tank is one of my first steps if i am showing someone the ropes
It seems to me that the emergency airtanks currently do hold a bit too much considering how common they are. If they lasted somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes that'd be just about perfect in my opinion. Leave round-long air supplies to people that make the sacrifice and wear large back-mounted airtanks.
500 is roughly the size of those big white oxygen tanks, which last all round anyway. I always cope with 2 emergency tanks just turn it off when you dont need it. I also really like the air vending idea
i would agree with around 600 being max