Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[Feature] Chugging!
This is a nice idea. I support. Beer chugging frat parties in the bar.
(11-10-2017, 11:23 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 04:27 PM)Berrik Wrote: being in harm intent should make you smash the bottle/glass/beaker on your forehead when you're done

But if you have that hard headed trait you take no damage from it

Corollary: if you’re a wrestler you also take no damage

Bottles should hurt and break

Cans should be milder and get crushed

Tanks and artifact beakers should knock you out
Okay this is probably not even possible, but hear out my fantasy:

Keg Stand.

Use the grab intent on a large draggable container, then tighten your grip, then *flip - like you would if you were trying to wrestle someone, but with a Still, or the beer keg, or a welder cart, or a plasma canister.
You flip onto your hands above the container and chug much in the same way this patch implements.
Same gib risk, easier to achieve, but only doable on yourself.

Time to drink 4000 water.
(11-12-2017, 10:49 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Okay this is probably not even possible, but hear out my fantasy:

Keg Stand.

Use the grab intent on a large draggable container, then tighten your grip, then *flip - like you would if you were trying to wrestle someone, but with a Still, or the beer keg, or a welder cart, or a plasma canister.
You flip onto your hands above the container and chug much in the same way this patch implements.
Same gib risk, easier to achieve, but only doable on yourself.

Time to drink 4000 water.

you handstand on top of the container? gravity???? how would you drink
(11-12-2017, 12:32 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 10:49 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Keg Stand.
you handstand on top of the container? gravity???? how would you drink

It wouldn't be a Thing™ if it was Easy 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjJD7OkOxU
I didn't notice the thread and posted a much simpler version of it, but I feel like this one is better. My only suggestion is that it include chugging pills as well. I want to down entire ???? pill bottles and see what happens.
(11-20-2017, 09:41 PM)Hikurac Wrote: I didn't notice the thread and posted a much simpler version of it, but I feel like this one is better. My only suggestion is that it include chugging pills as well. I want to down entire ???? pill bottles and see what happens.

Yes, I too want to be able to commit much swifter suicide by chugging a bottle of floorpills.
Or just consuming lots of antitox at once when I have poison in my bloodstream.
(11-20-2017, 09:59 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 09:41 PM)Hikurac Wrote: I didn't notice the thread and posted a much simpler version of it, but I feel like this one is better. My only suggestion is that it include chugging pills as well. I want to down entire ???? pill bottles and see what happens.

Yes, I too want to be able to commit much swifter suicide by chugging a bottle of floorpills.
Or just consuming lots of antitox at once when I have poison in my bloodstream.

So we can have random staff assistants walking into medbay and instantly chugging all the pills, great idea.
Heck yes.

One minor suggestion, If someone chugs while afflicted with dwarfism, the verb for their actions should be "quaff" instead of chug.
The mini-pillbottles for prescription medicines are of a different make then most reagent containers, so I would consider it a separate idea-patch-thing (for which you could make a thread). You can dissolve the pills in any not-full container and then chug that, which would help you OD nicely.

(11-21-2017, 04:35 AM)Grifflez Wrote: One minor suggestion, If someone chugs while afflicted with dwarfism, the verb for their actions should be "quaff" instead of chug.
I like it, and if I had the time, I would add it.
(11-21-2017, 01:15 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: So we can have random staff assistants walking into medbay and instantly chugging all the pills, great idea.

consider adding a chance of choking on the pills, ie losebreath damage or whatever it's called, pls.
I do like the original idea though, I can see people gibbing themselves on the shuttle by chugging tons of welding fuel and the resultant fire that causes.
I would like to bump this thread because it's such a cool idea