Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
on antag odds
(06-08-2017, 04:17 PM)Berrik Wrote: TBH what needs to be made less common is garden variety traitor. My antag rounds are HUGELY weighted towards it.

Reduce traitor odds, increase the odds of the others accordingly, and add basketball wizard into the rotation.
I considered a probability system for antag roles based on the player's history of antag selection, granting a higher weight for future selection the longer it's been since any selection at all.

Thoughts?
(06-09-2017, 09:08 AM)Wire Wrote: I considered a probability system for antag roles based on the player's history of antag selection, granting a higher weight for future selection the longer it's been since any selection at all.

Thoughts?

That'd be great because I'm assuming the antag picking thing hasn't been changed much since the old times and I've literally gone 3+ months before without being picked for an antagonist once.

Really. You know you're desperate when you start playing AI on the off chance you get to be evil.
The current system is 100% random ye.
that'd be actually incredible wire
(06-09-2017, 09:08 AM)Wire Wrote: I considered a probability system for antag roles based on the player's history of antag selection, granting a higher weight for future selection the longer it's been since any selection at all.

Thoughts?
yes please
also immediately after making this thread my next two rounds were
wiz round
latejoin changeling
Sounds like a good idea wire.

Also, since it seems relevant at the moment, I've been playing this game for nearly three years (god help me.), and this has been my general antag statistics over that time:

From most common to least common:
Traitor: Doesn't need elaboration.
Nuke Ops: Nuke ops actually ended up being my second most common antag to play as, to the point where I got tired of it and disabled it a few months back.
Changeling: Dozens of times, but scarce compared to traitor.
Blob: A dozen or so times, maybe? It feels more common than wizard, but I've probably played it less than wizard.
Wizard: Probably close to a dozen times in total, maybe more, so fairly rare, but it actually happens now and then.
Wraith: I've been wraith some... 4-5 times? I know that I've had more luck with rolling Wraith than most other players.
Vampire: 3-4 times. Yes, I've been a vampire less than I've been a wraith. Vampire is incredibly rare, due to only sometimes being found in mixed. Thing is, no one complains about vamp because there's nothing really super unique about it, unlike the wraith.

Thoughts?

How would this affect late-joining antags? They occur even if you have all antags turned off in preferences (pls fix). Seeing how that by itself would cause a long break between selections it would select you for late join a lot.
I've been traitor and changeling countless times, blob like 4 times, hampire 3-4 times, wizard 3-4 times, and wraith never. I've also been nuke ops a lot but not as many as changeling.
I once walked onto the station as a late-joining wrestler crossarms

but in all seriousness, stuff like that needs to happen more often. More... interesting stuff. B-Ball wizards included.

You are a TRAITOR! Also a skeleton! Your restless bones have these objectives!!!
(06-09-2017, 03:28 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: You are a TRAITOR! Also a skeleton! Your restless bones have these objectives!!!

diplomat
I have never heard of B-ball wizards, someone please explain.
They were made around the time Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden came out. They're an antag with basketball-themed powers, but were never part of the regular rotation.
He's a b-ball wizard. There has to be a twist. A b-ball wizard. He's got such a supple wrist.