Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
on antag odds
have the odds of being a ling/vamp gone significantly down? my last 20-25 antag rounds have been traitor and nuke and i don't recall having a two month ling dry spell. maybe i'm drunk
latest commit gutted the code that gives popular players higher chances at weird antag roles

/s
vamp defs needs to be higher, always does, along with wraith. i havent played an insane amount lately but i don't think odds have changed much
Lings have been a bit uncommon lately, though I'm not complaining. Ling rounds are boring unless the ling is detected and being actively hunted, and that's not happening with too low a population.
I don't remember seeing anyone changing any odds for any round in a v long time. But there are more roundtypes in the rotation now, so each individual role is less common on the whole.
I still think that mixed should be weighted higher, especially on highpop (25+) rounds
Wraith should NOT become more common, that is why it is so loved because of how rare it is and how fun it can be.
(06-08-2017, 10:58 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: Wraith should NOT become more common, that is why it is so loved because of how rare it is and how fun it can be.

I love Wraith but I can tell you I don't love it cause it's rare. Waiting a half a year to more then a year just to play a role I barely know how to play is not something I love but something I am very annoyed about and will be vocal about it. Let me state that again I do not love wraith cause I cannot play it most of the time. I love it cause it's a unique gamemode. I and others have hardly gotten to play the role so we have still have no real clue on how to play it, despite it being out for YEARS.

I mean there are still some long time players who have not played as a Wraith at all since the release of the mode. That's too much rarity. I get they need other antags to function but it's so rare some don't even consider it a game mode at all. Just a random event.

It being so rare is a issue more then anything in my opinion.
I've never played Wraith, I've had perhaps 2 vamps at most 3, a handful of blobs, slightly more 'lings then blobs, and a decent number of traitors with a sprinkling of nukeops.
(06-08-2017, 12:38 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: I've never played Wraith, I've had perhaps 2 vamps at most 3, a handful of blobs, slightly more 'lings then blobs, and a decent number of traitors with a sprinkling of nukeops.

I once prayed to trade my telecrystals as a traitor for a wraith round. It was the best. Wraith is very much a "hand of god" style of play, though. Not much can harm you, and you have unlimited licence to screw with the crew. Wraiths are best kept as quirky additions to rounds until more ways are added for the crew to actively fight against a wraith.
Don't werewolves only have a chance to occur during full moons?

I think tinkering with more antag odds to be more likely to occur at certain times could be fun
i think it's very fair to call me the most tenured goon player who still actively plays and I have literally never gotten wraith. i have gotten blob twice though.
(06-08-2017, 11:26 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 10:58 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: Wraith should NOT become more common, that is why it is so loved because of how rare it is and how fun it can be.

I love Wraith but I can tell you I don't love it cause it's rare. Waiting a half a year to more then a year just to play a role I barely know how to play is not something I love but something I am very annoyed about and will be vocal about it. Let me state that again I do not love wraith cause I cannot play it most of the time. I love it cause it's a unique gamemode. I and others have hardly gotten to play the role so we have still have no real clue on how to play it, despite it being out for YEARS.

I mean there are still some long time players who have not played as a Wraith at all since the release of the mode. That's too much rarity. I get they need other antags to function but it's so rare some don't even consider it a game mode at all. Just a random event.

It being so rare is a issue more then anything in my opinion.

edit: goonhub lists my deaths as around 680 for just the OMJ name, it might be fair to say i have 1200 rounds in me. what're those odds lads? idk math
TBH what needs to be made less common is garden variety traitor. My antag rounds are HUGELY weighted towards it.

Reduce traitor odds, increase the odds of the others accordingly, and add basketball wizard into the rotation.
(06-08-2017, 04:17 PM)Berrik Wrote: TBH what needs to be made less common is garden variety traitor. My antag rounds are HUGELY weighted towards it.

Reduce traitor odds, increase the odds of the others accordingly, and add basketball wizard into the rotation.

This minus the b-ball wizard
The one time I rolled a wraith it didn't even work. It's how I got my one and only antag token!

I've also never played as a wizard despite having it active. I'm all for patching in something that gives me more antag roles.

(06-08-2017, 01:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Don't werewolves only have a chance to occur during full moons?

I think tinkering with more antag odds to be more likely to occur at certain times could be fun

It's space! How much more moon does that furboi need to come vorestation the crew?