Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Crates for QM
What have I done?

NegativeMan
what did you do
Name: Emergency Power Cells
Contents: Contains 10 fully charged 15k power cells.
Description: For power outages and when extra power is desperately needed.
Price:300 Credits
Seems a bit cheap.
(03-17-2017, 04:22 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Name: Emergency Power Cells
Contents: Contains 10 fully charged 15k power cells.
Description: For power outages and when extra power is desperately needed.
Price:300 Credits

Could add power cells to a trader's bought/sold items. Could give the QM something else to do (making cells from materials at the mining/robotics fabricator), with higher prices for cerenkite/erebite cells. Also gives QM a reason to go around yanking cells out of APCs to sell.
Bumping this thread to suggest an extra tweak to the Novelty Clothing Crate.
Name: Novelty Clothing Crate
Contents: 15x randomly selected novelty uniforms, 5x randomly selected novelty outer suits, 5x randomly selected novelty hats
Description: Same as the original.
Price:15000 Credits, possible price expansion to 20000 credits
Why you think it'd be good: Mostly a second tweak to add similarly-gimmicky outer suits and hats to the mix aswell so that they aren't left out.
Resurrecting this thread to suggest a few more crates. I've included all (I think?) of the stuff necessary to build a singularity engine. Give your thoughts on whether you think QM's should be given this power. I think it's a darn shame that all the pieces are hidden behind telesci and so rarely used. 

Other crates are largely ways of replacing/restocking things not currently build-able, or splitting down crates I feel have too much useless tat in them. 

Singularity Generator Crate: 

Contains: 

1x Singularity Generator

Cost: 150,000 Credits 

(Locked to Chief Engineer access) 

Might be an unpopular idea, but I think QM should be able to order more interesting things than it currently can. The high cost, coupled with the access restrictions means it's difficult to acquire.  

Field Generator Crate: 

Contains: 

4x Field Generators 

Cost: 10,000 Credits 

(Locked to engineering access) 

More singularity equipment, locked to a lower access as it's not directly harmful. 

Emitter Crate 

Contains: 

1x Emitter 

Cost: 5,000 credits 

(locked to Engineering access) 

More singularity equipment, locked to a lower access as it's not directly harmful. 

Radiation Collector Crate

Contains: 

4x Radiation Collectors 

Cost: 3,000 Credits

(locked to Engineering access) 

Radiation Suit Crate 

Contains: 

1x Radiation Suit Hood
1x Radiation Suit

Cost: 2,000 Credits 

Radiation suits! To cheaply deal with a rad storm if necessary.   

EVA Equipment Crate

Contains: 

1x EVA Space Helmet
1x EVA Space Suit
1x Breath Mask 
1x Jetpack 
1x Magboots

(Locked to Head-level Access) 

Cost: 4,000 Credits

An upgraded emergency equipment crate, and a way of acquiring more magboots. To be used when half the station's depressurized and all the decent EVA suits have been looted.  

ABCU Unit Crate

Contains: 

1x ABCU Unit 

(Locked to engineering access) 

Cost: 5,000 Credits 

A nice way for an engineer working on a building project to acquire more ABCU units. Doesn't come with the blueprint marker though, you'll have to acquire an existing one. 

Ruckingenur Replacement Crate

Contains: 

1x Ruckingenur Frame

Cost: 6,000 Credits 

(Locked to mechanics access)

Mechanics bombed and no way to replace the priceless Ruckingenur units? Your local quartermaster can help you out. 

Tool belt Crate

Contains: 

2x Tool Belts
2x Mechanical tool boxes

Cost: 750 Credits

Now every assistant that comes calling down to cargo bay can purchase their very own handy-dandy toolkit in belt form! 

Emergency Equipment (Changed) 

Contains: 

3x Internals boxes (Containing breath mask and emergency oxygen tank) 
3x Emergency Hood 
3x Emergency Suit

Cost: 200 Credits 

The current emergency equipment crate bugs me; as I'll either be opening the crate in cargo bay to hand out the internals, or dragging it to a breech and opening it there. Either option uses only half the crate's supplies, and I feel that splitting the crate up would make it easier on QM's who want to only use the floor-bots or internals 

A way to cheaply get internals and space suits when the station's depressurizing. With the order-able oxygen tanks, you could even offer out max-filled emergency oxygen tanks as well. 

Breech Repair Crate

Contains: 

4x Floorbots 
40x Steel Floortiles  

Cost: 1,250 Credits

Floorbots! Split off from the emergency equipment crate for easier deployment, and given some floortiles to top them up. 

Internals Crate

Contains: 

5x Air Tank
5x Gas Mask

Cost: 500 Credits

The other half of the emergency crate, split into it's own crate for convenience. 

Haberdasher's Crate

Contains: 

5x Random Hats 

To allow the station to descend into rampant hat trading. 

Masquerade Crate 

5x Random Masks

For hosting a masked ball in the bar. Or concealing your identity as you murder the HOP. 

Hydroponics Expansion Crate

Contains: 

4x Plant Trays 
1x UV Growth Lamp 

Cost: 750 Credits 

The Hydroponics starter crate, minus useless tat. Also an added way to acquire more UV lamps.  

Janitorial Supplies Refill 

Contains: 

4x Cleaning Grenades 
4x Space Cleaner Bottle 
1x Box of Trash Bags 
1x Box of Biohazard Bags

Cost: 300 Credits

For when the janitor wants cleaning grenades, but you don't want a bunch of mops, buckets and other useless janitorial equipment cluttering up your cargo bay.
i was once responsible for doing inventory/filling order forms for what we needed at a job and it was usually a lot more granular than certain supply crates. for example, if i were a chef and id used up all my flour and botany was gone/dead/whatever, i would prefer to order a crate of flours rather than a dry goods crate and picking the few flours out of it.

so, do consider dividing certain generalized crates into more specific ones.

the robotics crate containing 1 each of the mini bots could be divided up, the produce and drygoods and etc. crates, certain botany and janitor supply crates could be divided up so you dont get so many excess janitor buckets/plant trays cluttering the place up when all you wanted was more cleaner grenades or whatever

edit: oh, it look like a lot of you were already thinking along similar lines. well good job
as i said in that other thread. butt crate, 200 credits. desc: Smells funny.

maybe just various organ crates, but have the rest be higher than the price D.O.C. buys them for, obviously
I suppose the only problem with seperating crates out is creating a whole mess of entries in the order menu, which is way old and not super fun to use (though a billion times nicer since ZeWaka did a pass at it.)

I've always thought that buying single items from traders is the better way to do that, but i've not coded any of 'em yet.
(05-25-2017, 12:55 AM)Gannets Wrote: I suppose the only problem with seperating crates out is creating a whole mess of entries in the order menu, which is way old and not super fun to use (though a billion times nicer since ZeWaka did a pass at it.)

I've always thought that buying single items from traders is the better way to do that, but i've not coded any of 'em yet.

I said this in the QM thread, but I think a new "Inventory" tab could be a good thing

Basically, when QM's buy something, it shows up in a menu. From that menu, they can sell the items back to the market, to traders, or have it delivered to the station.

Just have them select the items from the inventory to fill a crate with, and have it sent when they are finished. Customized crates, easy peasy.

Other bonuses, a much less cluttered QM. Maybe you can also show the prices they bought the items at so they can figure out their profit margins from buying a ton of cheap stuff then sitting on it until the prices go up.

Traditional crates could still exist in this system as well, maybe as a form of discounted bulk purchase
if youre worried about the buy screen becoming too long or disorganized, you could separate that up too. instead of scrolling down it, each of the sections you now have implemented (basic materials, medical, etc) becomes clickable and opens up that section of buy list in a window or something, which will be smaller and more manageable, can be clicked back from, whatever you like.

this wont even necessarily have to be a competing idea with traders either, because you could populate this buy list also with trader-offered items that are relevant to the category youve clicked (basic materials, medical, etc), put the traders name or something next to it

example:

"oh i wanna buy some steel sheets"
click qm console -> click buy categories to open categories window -> click basic materials to open basic materials window -> a list containing the sales tagged as basic materials appears -> "ho hum theres the 200 sheets box oh but whats this, there is also an entry here for a trader selling cheaper steel, or a trader selling cheapass mauxite that can be turned into metal sheets quick as a wink here on the station, how interesting" -> clicking on one of the traders deals brings me to the trader or simply prompts to enter how much 2buy -> so on and so forth
(05-24-2017, 07:37 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Singularity Machinery

Other servers use emitters as blob/kudzu fighting artillery, be interesting to see how they affect those.

Might be hard to find a place to set up a singularity on cog2
blob evolves reflectors and explodes the emitters

if you cleared some space in the chapel with the help of construction borgs there might be enough room there for a sing
Your friend gannets will make some crates. The admin zone agrees that buying your way in to a singularity engine is a good idea too, so I'll stick those in after I've done some redrawing of those hecka old sprites.