Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
rework materials from the ground up
http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=4574
Just for reference, posted this sometime last year regarding material science. Note some of it was implemented particularly quality influencing material properties.

Noah i'll condense my answer to something a little more concise from my observations of quite the shitstorm the additive barrel caused:

It essentially hijacks material science. Nobody is going to give two shits about the hardness of an item if you can make a sarin infused shard. Note during that time you could also make .22s with the material system, so you'd have people going around with kuru bullets. Go figure.
Chemistry is a good backbone, but it's literally in everything. It's not that much a stretch to request something that isn't chemistry based. The additive barrel as it stood during that period WAS material science, which was really sad, as it was meant for miners. Add 1 and 1 there and you see the big issue.

The additive barrel could be introduced back, but I would only like to see it in some form which doesn't infuse the chemical, but rather chemically treats the properties, raising and lowering them depending on the chemical. And it would be very specific chemicals that do it, acids and such. Akin to the relationship between medical and chemistry, in which specific chemicals are required for medical, as would specific chemicals would be required for ore processing. This would make chemistry a side thing rather than a requirement

Edit: Yeah Keelin, i'll drop a message of my shit ideas sometime today

Messages In This Thread
rework materials from the ground up - by Nnystyxx - 08-08-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-09-2016, 03:52 AM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Sundance - 08-11-2016, 09:27 AM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by BBEG - 08-13-2016, 09:40 AM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-11-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-11-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-14-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by BBEG - 08-17-2016, 02:57 PM