Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Armor Revamp
What if protective items had a wear value.

e.g a value that increases as you take damage, and slowly removes the effectiveness of the thing you're wearing.

Take too many shots while wearing an armor vest and your vest drops in protective value.

Although if you make vests breakable you should probably have shields/barriers for security to hide behind.
(01-22-2018, 02:52 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: What if protective items had a wear value.

e.g a value that increases as you take damage, and slowly removes the effectiveness of the thing you're wearing.

Take too many shots while wearing an armor vest and your vest drops in protective value.

Although if you make vests breakable you should probably have shields/barriers for security to hide behind.

Would be kinda annoying and would leave sec in a bad spot if they run out of vests
You know, this could probably be a good function of the loom: Weaving and repairing armor that's been damaged.

I personally like the idea of it losing it's protection factor in increments rather than all at once.
(01-22-2018, 05:57 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: You know, this could probably be a good function of the loom: Weaving and repairing armor that's been damaged.

I personally like the idea of it losing it's protection factor in increments rather than all at once.
I'd say just have armor vests accept armor plates from the workbench. I know they're "supposed" to be for pods, but I would think most people would ignore that.

Real life bullet proof (more like resistant) vests can switch out kevlar plates, so making armor vests work like plate carriers could make sense too (and also let nerds mess around with materials science at some point so that they can upgrade their own armor vests)
(01-25-2018, 04:28 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I'd say just have armor vests accept armor plates from the workbench. I know they're "supposed" to be for pods, but I would think most people would ignore that.

Real life bullet proof (more like resistant) vests can switch out kevlar plates, so making armor vests work like plate carriers could make sense too (and also let nerds mess around with materials science at some point so that they can upgrade their own armor vests)

Yes