Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A handful sprites by Danzer
Sundance Wrote:ay bro nice sprites.
If ya need any help with anything don't be afraid to ask, I've be doing sprites for a long time now and I pretty much fly through them with photoshop. Transforming, lighting effects, colour change, w/e.
Oh, cool!
Can you show me some of the stuff you've done?
I find that the major challenge spriting for SS13 being the size constraints, but it usually works out.

Took your suggestion and added a black background:
[Image: tXnNkS6.gif]
Still not perfect as it was when editing it, it seems to flip out and think it's blue this time instead, but I've still got the original frames so nothing was lost.
Danzer Wrote:Oh, cool!
Can you show me some of the stuff you've done?
I find that the major challenge spriting for SS13 being the size constraints, but it usually works out.

Took your suggestion and added a black background:
[Image: tXnNkS6.gif]
Still not perfect as it was when editing it, it seems to flip out and think it's blue this time instead, but I've still got the original frames so nothing was lost.

Here's all my shit, 135 in total. Although, there's alot of sprites that are frames, i.e: Meant to be part of a .gif
http://imgur.com/a/03ynn#97

Hmm that is rather odd. What are you using to make the .gifs? And what are you using to sprite.
Post the frames here.
I'm using something called ASE, allegro sprite editor:
http://www.aseprite.org/
It's very good for spriting but it's got some quirky stuff about it, being an open source project in the making.

Here's your frames
[Image: transgunan1.png][Image: transgunan2.png][Image: transgunan3.png][Image: transgunan4.png][Image: transgunan5.png][Image: transgunan6.png][Image: transgunan7.png][Image: transgunan8.png][Image: transgunan9.png][Image: transgunan10.png][Image: transgunan11.png][Image: transgunan12.png][Image: transgunan13.png][Image: transgunan14.png][Image: transgunan15.png]

Wooo, finally completed the last Bowie of the apocalypse: Ziggy Stardust!
[Image: bowiestardust.png]
[Image: ziggysuitv2.png]
Early version, wasn't quite satisfied with how the red and blue colors clashed.
[Image: ziggysuit.png]
[Image: eflask.png]
An erlenmeyer flask, perfect for your average sciency liquids!
I humbly await a full Gorilla Suit sprite
Some genetic aberrations, for the genetics thread.
[Image: genmonster1blurred.png]
[Image: genmonster2singlesad.png]
[Image: genmonster2single.png]

Weavel Wrote:I humbly await a full Gorilla Suit sprite
Done, sorry for the delay.
It comes in Gorilla and Orangutan variety!
[Image: gorillasuit.png]
[Image: orangutansuit.png]
[Image: monkeybuttfoothead.png]
I... I don't even... whaaat... I... I...
So, I got this idea for a gas-powered welder:
UI icon.
[Image: gaswelder.png]
[Image: gaswelderactive.png]

In hand, active and inactive, right and left.
[Image: gaswelderinhand.png]
[Image: gaswelderinhandactive.png]

Gas-mix, wearable on back.
[Image: gasweldingmix.png]
The upper left one is an in-hand sprite.
[Image: gaswelderwearsprite.png]

The full get-up worn on a typical sprite.
[Image: gasweldertest.png]
Danzer Wrote:So, I got this idea for a gas-powered welder:
UI icon.
[Image: gaswelder.png]
[Image: gaswelderactive.png]

In hand, active and inactive, right and left.
[Image: gaswelderinhand.png]
[Image: gaswelderinhandactive.png]

Gas-mix, wearable on back.
[Image: gasweldingmix.png]
The upper left one is an in-hand sprite.
[Image: gaswelderwearsprite.png]

The full get-up worn on a typical sprite.
[Image: gasweldertest.png]
I like the images, but what would the improvements be over a normal welder? quicker cutting/fuel lasts longer I guess?
enforcer9 Wrote:
Danzer Wrote:My earlier post.
I like the images, but what would the improvements be over a normal welder? quicker cutting/fuel lasts longer I guess?
I was going for 'Fuel lasts longer', but maybe you could be able to tweak the oxygen-to-fuel ratio in order to cut faster!
If you extended the nozzle of the welder it could be used as a flamethrower
That reminds me a lot of the firebats from Starcraft. Which is cool.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:If you extended the nozzle of the welder it could be used as a flamethrower
Something like this?
[Image: flamer.png]
[Image: flameractive.png]
Left-hand sprites.
[Image: flamerlefthand.png]
[Image: flamerlefthandactive.png]
Right-hand sprites.
[Image: flamerrighthand.png]
[Image: flamerrighthandactive.png]

Left-hand active and animated
[Image: 32bcqs9.gif]
Right-hand active and animated
[Image: u5T3opr.gif]
Microwaves, done for Jungle Outpost 13
[Image: microwave2.png]
[Image: microwave2on.png]
[Image: microwave2shit.png]

Exploding microwave bonanza!

[Image: microwave2cloudingan1.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan2.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan3.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan4.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan5.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan6.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan7.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan8.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan9.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan10.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan11.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan12.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan13.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan14.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan15.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan16.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan17.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan18.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan19.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan20.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan21.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan22.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan23.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan24.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan25.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan26.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan27.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan28.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan29.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan30.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan31.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan32.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan33.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan34.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan35.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan36.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan37.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan38q.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan39.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan40.png][Image: microwave2cloudingan41.png]
Could you make a teleporter pad sprite?