Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A handful sprites by Danzer
Hi there forums!
Now I admit that making my first post on the forums one where I submit a bunch of sprites being slightly presumptuous, but please don't hold that against me!
Here goes!

A freeze-drying machine, for use in the kitchen.
That thing in front is supposed to be a N2 tank.
[Image: freezedrier.png]
I've got an animated version but for some reason imageshack doesn't seem to like gif's, any other good imageproviders?

A replacement for the captains PDA perhaps, or just a generally sciency computermabob.
[Image: captainpda.png]
[Image: captainpda2.png]

A fireaxe, a rapier, a rapier with handcup, a scimitar and a powersword
[Image: fireaxe.png]
[Image: rapierhandguard.png]
[Image: rapierh.png]
[Image: scimitarc.png]
[Image: powersword.png]

Some firearms, first up a SMG for centcom use:
[Image: centcomsmg.png]
[Image: centcomsmgmag.png]

A pistol, doesn't conform with the rest of the guns since I painted it diagonally but I figured that I would gain a few pixels in length.
[Image: guno.png]
[Image: gunmagazine.png]

An absolutely ridiculous looking sniper rifle.
[Image: ridiculoussniper.png]
[Image: snipermags.png]

Musket, complete with a blackpowder sack and balls.
My idea for this is that you have to ready your rifle by using the blackpowder first, then again to use the stick to pack the blackpowder and then the ball and finally you're ready to fire!
[Image: musket.png]
[Image: musketballs.png]
[Image: musketball.png]
[Image: powderandstick.png]

Now, what do you guys think?
I can knock these guys out pretty fast, so if you have any ideas, hit me and I'll see what I can whip up!
Some fuzzy cuffs, for the consenting prisoners aboard the station!
[Image: fuzzcuffzitem.png]
[Image: fuzzcuffznorth.png]
[Image: fuzzcuffzsouth.png]
[Image: fuzzcuffzeast.png]
[Image: fuzzcuffzwestt.png]
I don't think we will ever, ever, EVER, need that last one.
I actually like the fuzzy cuffs, but they'd unfortunately bring a few unwanted connotations along with them.

Maybe they'd be OK if they were only dispensed by a Guardbuddy named "Leo", who wears leopard-print yfronts for a hat and wanders around somewhere in space? Idk just to shake that sexual vibe and get a more silly-80s-parody idea moreso.
It doesn't matter the kind of vibe you try to give them, that's a very easily sexualized thing. It's like the ide of being able to make a noose, somebody will be shitty and ruin everything for everyone.
I guess yeah.

Anyway the rest of your sprites are pretty good, I love the axe and the Musket.

Think you could sprite a little .22 rifle? http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp ... er1022.jpg here's an example
I dig your weapon sprites. even the silly sniper rifle is cool in a funny tacticlol way
Weavel Wrote:I guess yeah.

Anyway the rest of your sprites are pretty good, I love the axe and the Musket.

Think you could sprite a little .22 rifle? http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp ... er1022.jpg here's an example
Your wish is my command, a couple of different versions:
[Image: 22riflea.png][Image: 22rifleb.png][Image: 22riflec.png][Image: 22rifled.png]
First off I tried the traditional SS13 horizontal style and then the diagonal style, I enjoy the last one the most.

Here's some additional mythological/religious alternatives to the bible for the chaplain:
The black stone of Kaaba (Is it forbidden to depict it? Also, heals)
[Image: altpriesthealkaabastone.png]
The Rod of Asclepius (Heals).
[Image: altpriesthealrodofascle.png]
Sweaters and you: A definitive guide to atheism (Does nothing/Transmogrifies uniforms into sweaters).
[Image: altpriesthealsweatersan.png]

BlackPhoenix Wrote:It doesn't matter the kind of vibe you try to give them, that's a very easily sexualized thing. It's like the ide of being able to make a noose, somebody will be shitty and ruin everything for everyone.
Yeaaah, that's pretty much the joke, but you're right though.

Weavel Wrote:I actually like the fuzzy cuffs, but they'd unfortunately bring a few unwanted connotations along with them.

Maybe they'd be OK if they were only dispensed by a Guardbuddy named "Leo", who wears leopard-print yfronts for a hat and wanders around somewhere in space? Idk just to shake that sexual vibe and get a more silly-80s-parody idea moreso.
EVERY WISH IS MY COMMAND!
Leo
[Image: leopcg.png]
His sidekick, Gunther
[Image: guntherh.png]
I have to say disregarding the potential odd connotations Leo and Gunther are fucking hilarious and I want them ingame, just so that people can go to Hemera-7 and be arrested by 80s german stereotypes while trying to battle them for the pants

Maybe no to the fuzzy cuffs, though
Weavel Wrote:I have to say disregarding the potential odd connotations Leo and Gunther are fucking hilarious and I want them ingame, just so that people can go to Hemera-7 and be arrested by 80s german stereotypes while trying to battle them for the pants

Maybe no to the fuzzy cuffs, though
This. Exactly this. I laughed for a while at those damn guardbuddies. Hell, since Leo's screen is all covered, make everything he says sound muffled.
Gunther beeps, "LEVEL 50 LEATHER PANTS ALERT!!"
Gunther dances!
Weavel Wrote:Gunther beeps, "LEVEL 50 LEATHER PANTS ALERT!!"
Gunther dances!
Leo beeps, "Leffle Fiffy Leffer panfs alert!"
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:Gunther beeps, "LEVEL 50 LEATHER PANTS ALERT!!"
Gunther dances!
Leo beeps, "Leffle Fiffy Leffer panfs alert!"
Leather pants? Where?
Oh no...

[Image: hermannfront.png]
'Is just me, Hermann...'
[Image: hermannback.png]

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
[Image: robuddyback.png]
[Image: robuddybutt.png]
Yeah, I sprited the never before now needed back side of a robuddy, put an ass on it and put it in assless chaps.
Now, I've got to watch my eyes out with soap.
This may be a bit much, but could you maybe sprite a simple triangle goatee and maybe an all black HoS hat? In game, my character has to go around with the wrong facial hair because we do not have the triangle goatee.
I forgot to mention how amazing these sprites are. I love the guns and the bots are pretty cool! Amazing work!