Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Things you miss in Goon.
i miss being able to play frown dang internet
I miss having a proactive medical team / medical director.

Dions doesn't play anymore and they used to basically be a walking medical fairy.
Dions was great at implant tag.
I dunno, there have been some truly spectacular new faces as doctors on both LLJK1 and LLJK2 lately... odds are the director is still terrible, though.
Oh yeah, cannot tell you how many times Camilla has saved my ass in the past month
(01-18-2018, 12:52 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: Oh yeah, cannot tell you how many times Camilla has saved my ass in the past month

+1
There will always be 'that one medic' on the station. If the current one retires, the station creates a new one through some weird arcane juju.
It's the curse of medbay, you get summoned and they make promises of a pension plan but, no medic survives long enough to cash in.
I miss when it was just called "Space Station 13" and not "Goon". Don't get me wrong, I'm all in on the goon thing, but now it seems to have this reputation of something lesser when it is, in fact, the only thing that matters.
Don't forget Listel.  I used to try to feed them the omnizine and guns, but they'd deny it "we're not here to fight".  Fucking fakers. :P
less strict rules
lots of content that could be repurposed into something new
Have the rules really changed at all since 2009? If so I've have not noticed at all. What's so strict about them now?
(01-19-2018, 02:15 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Have the rules really changed at all since 2009? If so I've have not noticed at all. What's so strict about them now?

Admins dont let you throw around slurs against lgbt people or bully the differently abled anymore. I think this is a good thing.
well from what i remember you wouldn't get in as much trouble then as you would now for beating people up or murdering them, and playing security was always a treat since you could just loot and pillage without fear of reprisal since you had all the weapons (except maybe from chemists)
(01-19-2018, 02:28 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:15 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Have the rules really changed at all since 2009? If so I've have not noticed at all. What's so strict about them now?

Admins dont let you throw around slurs against lgbt people or bully the differently abled anymore. I think this is a good thing.

It was like the when I started playing.