Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Things you miss in Goon.
This thread is my attempt at making a HOT thread.

Tell me what you miss about Gibbed Goon. It could be something that was patched, removed, a player, anything that you wish was still around.

I'll start by saying I miss being able to throw things at 1000mph over and over again to either break windows or splash meat produce in my fellow crews face.
Haven't seen Loser-Chunt in ages, not sure if he still plays, would always make for a fun round
the old UI with its blindspot at the bottom, implant locked security gear, everything among the lines of revolver whipping, most of the old admins (my memory is faulty, not sure if they were good but SAOrangesoda, Ranger Four, Stuntwaffle and etc all come to mind), the AI satellite with the whatever the thing was east of it (the one with the egg and the high power flashlight module), the VR prison on the old mining z-level all the way on the southwest corner (also the entire mining z-level and functional outpost), suffocating in the VR pods, emagging VR pods, passive grab throw stunlock, electricians, banter about mport's coding, engineers getting lynched for not setting up the singularity roundstart, robust ass security players (infinite monkeys was definitely one of them), the god awful lag, the constantly changing pool/boxing ring/???, detective gear locked revolver, 30 second wizard rounds, pathology and having to steal an obnoxious amount of sunglasses, donglabs, filling up the oxygen tank on the tank transfer valve bombs for nuclear operatives so that they'd suck less, replicants and all of the old sprites

honorable mentions: vampires (they were readded eventually), donut 2 (the 'it's not the same' tier), chemists (read: not good people), atmospherics, artifact research (throw money and arbitrary waiting at problem), the mars outpost 42 server (the 'does this even count' tier) and that weird absurdly low chance of failure to transmit whatever you said over the radio

I'm pretty sure I'm leaving out a lot of things (especially stuff around 2008-ish), but you got the wiki for stuff like old antag items and the like anyways, so that's another chunk of whatever gone, all the mapping changes would be absurd to list and etc, stuff like the light grenade disguised as a spare ID (or did it just gib you, w/e) in telescience with a warning not to pick it up would be a pain to try and remember

tl;dr those days are gone
Not poo, that's for sure
That brief time where instead of the arrivals shuttle, we had a safezone shuttle on the admin z-level with a bunch of teleporters connecting to different parts of the station. Why was that removed, why?
The crashwich cake.
Nostalgia trip:

- I miss the Prison Station and the T.U.R.D.S. (but they should never be brought back)
- I miss the original Virology, and the amazing variety of diseases you could get (Owns Syndrome, etc).
- I miss the original zombie station located far out in the debris field, back when Ovary was a thing. On that note, I miss Ovary station and all the places you could hide.
- I miss when AI Malfunction was a round type, and when the AI was legitimately a terrifying threat to take out ... especially on Donut 2.
When will we be able to make heavy armors out of any material again?
(01-16-2018, 03:32 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: That brief time where instead of the arrivals shuttle, we had a safezone shuttle on the admin z-level with a bunch of teleporters connecting to different parts of the station. Why was that removed, why?

because it was shit
i miss roundstart indy armor, coldproof sweaters and that one exploit i used to use to get infinite negative matter for jokes. Dang coders nerfing my stuff!
My innocence.
chem bullets.
(01-16-2018, 07:08 PM)shotgunbill Wrote: Nostalgia trip:

- I miss the Prison Station and the T.U.R.D.S. (but they should never be brought back)
- I miss the original Virology, and the amazing variety of diseases you could get (Owns Syndrome, etc).
- I miss the original zombie station located far out in the debris field, back when Ovary was a thing. On that note, I miss Ovary station and all the places you could hide.
- I miss when AI Malfunction was a round type, and when the AI was legitimately a terrifying threat to take out ... especially on Donut 2.

What was OG Virology like?
Prions shovel.
I miss lots of cool players who have wandered off :c