Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cryogenic Unit for Cog1 and Cog2
Whole point of a cryonap box is to be an RP means to fuck off into oblivion irl and still have a character to come back to. 1 doesn't care about RP, and if you can emag people out of it, it's less useful than a locker.

Now like, if it did something interesting, like save your character for use in later rounds, that'd be interesting!
(01-11-2018, 08:20 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Whole point of a cryonap box is to be an RP means to fuck off into oblivion irl and still have a character to come back to. 1 doesn't care about RP, and if you can emag people out of it, it's less useful than a locker.

Now like, if it did something interesting, like save your character for use in later rounds, that'd be interesting!

Id back that, Id make it it's own thread though as the main topic is preventing your character from dying while you AFK and it's less likely to get traction as a comment on a thread.

Id go with people lockers in maint (so you can't cheat rad storms) that can be opened by anyone as long as you're still connected so you have to actually close SS13 to use it properly. It's far safer than say disposals in case someone has some papers to get rid of or a locker in case an antag goes hunting for loot but you don't get to see any messages given out besides maybe admin messages (if possible). If it's that much of a problem that you can't see chat logs perhaps the people lockers could record comms and alertsĀ for you to look through later
make lockers weldable from inside
(01-08-2018, 12:19 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: I just realized all of your questions are basically the exact same
I should have spend more effort on that post, because you are right that it is all basically the same problem.

(01-08-2018, 12:19 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: the cryo should be hackable / emaggable.
NO! The whole point is to have a safe place to sit out while you afk. Making the Cryostasis unit unsafe IN ANY WAY completely undermines that! And how would the RP-server be affected?

(01-11-2018, 08:20 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Common sence.
So yeah, this ^.

(01-08-2018, 10:50 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: a pay per use safety tube.

Pulowski Preservation shelters... could work, would be amusing, but in practice I'd stick to lockers.
Honest answer, I think there are already a lot of ways to make yourself nigh untouchable. Yeah, checking lockers and flushing disposals is certainly a thing.

I recommend going into one of the pods and, if that's not enough, going out into space near the station.