Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cryogenic Unit for Cog1 and Cog2
Can we get a Cryogenic unit for Cog1 and Cog2?

They really come in handy on maps like Destiny when I want to go to the bathroom or get some food together.

I want a safe space to go AFK where I don't come back and realise the clown found my hiding spot, dragged me out and put me in a dress. 

(((I really hope I'm not dumb and there actually is a cryogenic unit somewhere on cog1/2)))

Edit - Better yet why not give sleepers controls on the inside of the sleeper, to lock it. Add a way to hack it / emag it open for the chance of "fun"
I always find I can just hide in a locker and run really fast to do whatever I need to do, but something like this certainly wouldn't go amiss
I dont play 2 very often, but aren't the rounds really short? like, ~45 minutes or so? iirc the cryo unit has a 15 minute wait time before you can pop back in and that would be like a third of the round in that case.
Does the 15 minute wait time apply to braindead you shove into it?
(01-07-2018, 09:10 PM)Technature Wrote: Does the 15 minute wait time apply to braindead you shove into it?

Nope! Only when you climb in yourself.
(01-07-2018, 07:20 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: I dont play 2 very often, but aren't the rounds really short? like, ~45 minutes or so? iirc the cryo unit has a 15 minute wait time before you can pop back in and that would be like a third of the round in that case.
30-90. LLJK2 can be weird.

I probably wouldn't have any use for it ( at this point me being alive is weird ), but I don't really see any drawbacks. In the very least it's a good way to deal with braindeads that you don't want to babysit against lings and such.
Who is to say the 15 minute timer couldn't be lowered?

Maybe you even have to pay credits to use it. 100 Credits per minute of safety.
That poor clown...having to resort to theft for more than a minute of safety...
What about targets cowering inside the cryo-unit until round end.
What about cryo-unit camping?
What would happen if a station head crawled in during a revolution round?
What if the captain had the Authentication Disk when he crawled in?
What if all the antagonists crawled into cryo?
Where would be placed?

Honestly, this sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Yeah the inability to take a break in the middle of a round of 'Space Station 13' is annoying, and every little issue can be 'fixed', but if you need to leave THAT badly, you can sit inside a locker in the spawn shuttle or just accept that you won't survive the round and join in after the round ends in say, 40-60 minutes.
I actually really like the idea of a pay per use safety tube

Just have it where you pay for time, and someone can pay more to unlock it
(01-08-2018, 10:50 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I actually really like the idea of a pay per use safety tube

Perfect! 25 bucks a minute would be a good rate
(01-08-2018, 10:15 AM)Technature Wrote: That poor clown...having to resort to theft for more than a minute of safety...

This made me laugh way too much, thank you.

(01-08-2018, 10:32 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: What about targets cowering inside the cryo-unit until round end.
Where would be placed?

Honestly, this sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Yeah the inability to take a break in the middle of a round of 'Space Station 13' is annoying, and every little issue can be 'fixed', but if you need to leave THAT badly, you can sit inside a locker in the spawn shuttle or just accept that you won't survive the round and join in after the round ends in say, 40-60 minutes.

The system should be hackable / emaggable. Not too easily though, maybe some fancy pin code like on the safe to dispense humans like a vending machine.

I just realized all of your questions are basically the exact same and are all answered by the fact the cryo should be hackable / emaggable.

Or perhaps as
(01-08-2018, 10:50 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I actually really like the idea of a pay per use safety tube

Says, 10x the credits you can buy someone out of their safe space and steal them away.
(01-08-2018, 12:19 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 10:32 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: What about targets cowering inside the cryo-unit until round end.
Where would be placed?

The system should be hackable / emaggable. Not too easily though, maybe some fancy pin code like on the safe to dispense humans like a vending machine.

I just realized all of your questions are basically the exact same and are all answered by the fact the cryo should be hackable / emaggable.

Or perhaps as

Says, 10x the credits you can buy someone out of their safe space and steal them away.

I think we're all missing the obvious solution here.

The solution we use to solve literally every problem on goonstation.

[Image: tenor.gif]
i usually hide in disposals if i ever need to do something for an extended period of time and intend to return
Well hide in disposals no longer! With premium cryogenic time you too can keep your younger looking skin for longer!

Just phone 01372-555-CRYO