Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Tank transfer valves can't be seen when held
Tank transfer valveĀ bombs, those huge orange and blue items, can't be seen visibly when held in one's hands.
I dont think they ever have been
Yeah, I know a lot of items aren't shown in hand, but I just figured this was a more important example, given that they're TTV bombs and huge items.
Well the whole system is small enough to fit into a suitcase (see suitcase ttv's from the junk vendor). Probably doesnt need a sprite but if you want one probably make suggestion rather than a bug, or even better yet make one yourself gives it a much higher chance of implementation from what I've heard
TTV's have needed a sprite for a while, the fact that those huge-ass bombs that can be made pretty easy and carried pretty easy are invisible is bullshit OP (granted people generally just make can-bombs instead)
Looking into this. Objects large enough that they can't fit in your bag + explosive is a huge oversight.
So I was rooting around 2016 release to check for a sprite for plasma tanks so I could have something to reference for an in-hand sprite when I noticed something:

In hand_general.dmi there's literally a sprite of it.

[Image: KmXsPo9.png]

I checked it out to make sure that it's a proper sprite and not some broken left over thing of the past but nope:

[Image: DcqevJI.png]
Overlaying it seems it works just fine. So there's no real point in me spriting it.. it's already done.

This seems like a very simple fix, the icon states or something (i dunno, not a coder) are missing this for some reason.