Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
Modifying magboots
(10-30-2017, 07:48 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Giving them a toggle and introducing a slowdown (while 'on') would essentially make them fancy version of walking. It would also make them more useful in space. For added comedy, adding a heavy 'CLONK' while walking would be hilarious.
Just clarifying some points-

Magboots as is don't slow you down.

There are four pairs on the station.

The engine (thermo engine) DOES still knock you down, but not pull you, even when wearing magboots (occasionally).

---

Seems like a good idea. Magboots are too close to a "no reason not to" item, the only downside being medics not knowing why they can't pull you.
(10-30-2017, 07:48 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Giving them a toggle and introducing a slowdown (while 'on') would essentially make them fancy version of walking. It would also make them more useful in space. For added comedy, adding a heavy 'CLONK' while walking would be hilarious.

hell yeah, theyre big dumb orange shoes, like clown shoes for engineers. i think a good nerf would be just hearing this stupid clonking coming down the hallway
Okay, does anyone have any final thoughts before I go through all the posts and figure out which suggestion was the most popular?
My last thought: Mag boots are supposed to be for miners and engineers as something to help with space stuff, right?

Any buffs or nerfs they get should make them the ideal foot wear for that situation and that situation alone