Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
Modifying magboots
I've been thinking about this for a while.

Magboots, as of now, are pretty overpowered. They prevent you from being moved, they prevent you from floating around in space, they prevent you from getting teleported, and they prevent you from slipping on everything but space lube. Often, they'll be like magic sandals, but even better.

Therefore I propose we modify magboots.

We could do one or several of the following:
  • Add a slowdown
  • Remove the no slip
  • Make them battery powered
  • Make them upgradeable into this form
Thoughts and suggestions are very appreciated.
I say remove the no slip
i'd like the slowdown but im sure most people would hate it. remove no slip sounds like a good idea though
I like battery powered with a charging plate, but no slip would probably be easier.
(10-30-2017, 07:02 PM)69andahalf Wrote: I like battery powered with a charging plate, but no slip would probably be easier.

yeah basically my thoughts exactly
Giving them a toggle and introducing a slowdown (while 'on') would essentially make them fancy version of walking. It would also make them more useful in space. For added comedy, adding a heavy 'CLONK' while walking would be hilarious.
Anything but a slowdown. There are too many slows already, and if you have more than 1 or 2 slows on you, you might as well not try to move
(10-30-2017, 08:11 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: Anything but a slowdown. There are too many slows already, and if you have more than 1 or 2 slows on you, you might as well not try to move

I agree with Tarmunora. I agree with nerfing them but please don't go too far.
(10-30-2017, 07:48 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Giving them a toggle and introducing a slowdown (while 'on') would essentially make them fancy version of walking. It would also make them more useful in space. For added comedy, adding a heavy 'CLONK' while walking would be hilarious.

i like this one
If you decide to nerf them than at least follow the lead of other severs and give the CE a unique pair of super-magboots with no downsides.
Just making it a toggle would limit its ability to be used as a crutch, since you have to manually do it. Maybe getting near other magnets should have a side effect. (Or maybe magnetic events should do something weird and horrible depending on your/others' polarity/the state of the boots)
Slowdown makes the most sense to me.

Battery powered is also neat.

I'd love if toggling them on also pulled you toward turf if you were floating in space
Remove the no slip and maybe even give it a chance to malfunction where you get stuck in place for a second or something.
Low Power mode : no Teleport protection, no shove protection. slip reduction 70% Otherwise normal.
High Power mode: as normal but slowdown and clunk.
Ultra High Power mode: As is right now. Small chance to rip one of your legs off sometimes. also very loud.
If I'm not mistaken you can still be knocked over by the engine despite the no slip

Also I personally like to call them the left for dead boots since you can't be dragged to safety

ID SAY: nerf but not remove no slip. Instead of being a guaranteed no slip make them instead be slip resistant. Also, allow being pulled while in rest position