Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
More Artifacts
We could use some new artifacts for variation. Post ideas here.

Noise artifact variants - gunshot sounds at random intervals, yee, etc.
Clowning artifact - gives the victim the Clown genetic traits and a set of Clown clothing
Cluwning artifact - the horror, the horror
RCD artifact- Can't toggle, randomly does one of the 4 RCD functions running on a battery... maybe 15-50 pu per use, depending.

Power generator artifact- works like the Experimental Local Generator but without needing plasma

Static Artifact- Signal jams in a large radius, should pop out a message every 30 seconds or so while active to make it somewhat deduce-able that it is doing so
(10-08-2017, 04:05 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: We could use some new artifacts for variation. Post ideas here.

Noise artifact variants - gunshot sounds at random intervals, yee, etc.
Clowning artifact - gives the victim the Clown genetic traits and a set of Clown clothing
Cluwning artifact - the horror, the horror

noisemakers are a thing.

chemical artifacts can have clowning around and cluwning around
(10-08-2017, 04:11 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: RCD artifact- Can't toggle, randomly does one of the 4 RCD functions running on a battery... maybe 15-50 pu per use, depending.

it could place a certain type of structure depending on its type so one could place martian walls and another could place bee walls
reverse borging artifact: turns cyborgs into humans
monkey artifact: turns person into a monkey able to speak and understand human language
mindswapper
One that makes you incorpreal, but has a set time where the effect becomes permanent.

A box that fills itself with items when no
one is watching them

A mask that steals people's faces and transfers them to other wearers

Ones that increase you damage resistance of one type which decreasing it for another.

One that makes people nearby mute, while making you deaf
Haven't there been several of these threads?

And on the note, if the fabled organ rework is ever completed, artifact hearts will supposedly be added.
have handheld objects also draw people inside and slam shut
Ideas in the last threads:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7067

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=1908

And there was a thread I made back in 2013 about it that's actually expired, it's that old. Heck.

Despite many many threads suggesting changes to artifacts, I think the research is actually very fulfilling, and the tests are informative. Up until the point where you realize you have another prison artifact. Or another light artifact. Oh look it's... a noise artifact.
The problem with artifact research is there simply isn't enough types of artifacts. There is about ~20, handheld and bulky. About half of them are useless or annoying.
(10-09-2017, 03:43 AM)Sundance Wrote: Ideas in the last threads:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7067

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=1908

And there was a thread I made back in 2013 about it that's actually expired, it's that old. Heck.

Despite many many threads suggesting changes to artifacts, I think the research is actually very fulfilling, and the tests are informative. Up until the point where you realize you have another prison artifact. Or another light artifact. Oh look it's... a noise artifact.
The problem with artifact research is there simply isn't enough types of artifacts. There is about ~20, handheld and bulky. About half of them are useless or annoying.

Much like pathology, when many of your results are random and most of them are disruptive and shitty, your department doesn't get played a lot!

Also see: toxins for non-antags.
(Please add artifact limbs/organs in some capacity. Those sprites need to be ingame.)
If I recall correctly, the heartifact sprites are technically in the game, just unused.

It's literally just waiting on an organ rework before implementation.
(10-11-2017, 12:22 PM)Mageziya Wrote: It's literally just waiting on an organ rework before implementation.

(10-11-2017, 12:22 PM)Mageziya Wrote: literally just waiting

(10-11-2017, 12:22 PM)Mageziya Wrote: just
Artifact ideas

Tomes - handheld artifiacts with a more magical approach instead of just being guns, beakers, or batteries. They can only be read a limited number of times. Reading a tome grants the effect

Tome of Paranoia - Causes you to hallucinate for a period of time - Applies the same effects as the serious paranoia pathogen
Tome of Reversal - Similar to space madness - rotates your entire world, controls and sprites are effected
Tome of Energy - Causes you to shoot out arcs of electricity indiscriminately for a period of time. Standing on a wire will amplify the effect like power gloves
Tome of Honk - Spawns a number of friendly pet clown/cluwne spiders that will defend you if attacked within their line of sight
Tome of WOORGHHH - one of your arms is replaced with that of a space bear - also it spawn a hostile one armed space bear. Defend your prize!
Tome of Molly Mirrions - *banshee screaming*
Aside from more artifacts (I swear every round half the artifacts are music makers), the pitcher needs to be significantly more powerful. As it is most artifacts that can be activated by the pitcher can also be activated by bashing the artifact with something heavy. IMO the pitcher should be as strong as a gun (and just as lethal so it can be used for dastardly deeds). I don't mind some artifacts requiring powerful weapons or explosions to activate, but when the vast majority of impact artifacts don't respond to the pitcher it just ain't fun.
(10-13-2017, 10:33 PM)Embolism Wrote: Aside from more artifacts (I swear every round half the artifacts are music makers), the pitcher needs to be significantly more powerful. As it is most artifacts that can be activated by the pitcher can also be activated by bashing the artifact with something heavy. IMO the pitcher should be as strong as a gun (and just as lethal so it can be used for dastardly deeds). I don't mind some artifacts requiring powerful weapons or explosions to activate, but when the vast majority of impact artifacts don't respond to the pitcher it just ain't fun.

in my experience all touch/impact based artifacts are either activated with a fire extinguisher in the hand, or impossible to activate without a small explosion (normally potassium and water and running real fast)