Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Katana Might Be A Little Too Strong!
(09-25-2017, 04:35 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 03:45 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Like I've seen some admins say before. "Antags are supposed to be OP" If they nerf C-Sabers then they should nerf Polymorph. Everytime I use a C-Saber I just get disarmed as soon as I pull it out. So much so that I stopped ordering the thing now.

They don't still stun when the blade isn't extended, do they? I used to do that before popping the blade for those surprise attacks

No idea. I honestly forgot about that so I have not tried it recently.
Do they not have a 100% delimb chance? I've never had a katana not cut off a limb when hitting their arm or leg or something with it.
Oh yeah and they're the same price as c-sabers there's no reason to nerf them if a csaber crits in 2 hits and is more concealable.
Antags are overpowered because there's the possibility that the entire station will learn of them and proceed to do things to stop them. If a traitor was as strong, or even just slightly stronger, than a typical spaceman, then they could easily be taken down by possibly any asshole out there. You want to stop a bad guy, you either get a good plan together or work together with other people to beat them.

Preferably both.
Give it some time for the novelty to wear off, people will start reacting to them like they should with something so dangerous.
Whoops
(09-26-2017, 04:48 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Give it some time for the novelty to wear off, people will start reacting to them like they should with something so dangerous.

this and what other people said, it costs the same as a c-saber and is worse in some regards and better in others
Yeah its early days yet. Its a melee weapon. It has an obvious sprite when drawn. Idiots are running face first into it when fighting it probably because they think they have a better chance of winning. But would you run at someone with a saber? No you'd shoot them.

People will learn to fear the glorious Nippon steel.
I think people just think it's broken because they're silly. I think I killed 8 or 9 people with it one round as a monkey and only like one person ever actually hit me back, and i went for both legs first. I mean when you act like a straw mat you're sure to be cut in twine like one.