Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies
So I had to switch around the implementation, cause I couldn't get it to work otherwise but now it does!

the new implementation works just like a beaker assembly: you add a pipebombFrame (so pipes, reagent, wires, but no detonator) to an existing Singaller/Igniter assembly and poof: a nifty looking Singaller/Igniter/pipebomb assembly
Ditto for proximity assemblies!

Setting off these assemblies results in some *beep**beep* being shown in the chatwindow, if you are standing next to the current location of the bomb, just like with a beaker assembly. And after 5 seconds the bomb explodes (and you have hurtings).

Questions for my peeps:
Right, you have noticed timer/Igniter are not yet implemented. After all: adding a timer/Igniter partially finished pipebombFrame is supposed to create a normal pipebomb, with a 5 second non-configurable timer.
I could add the missing assembly, and you could create the fully-configurable timer/Igniter/pipebomb assembly by adding the pipebombFrame to the  timer/Igniter, while retaining the original recipe for classic pipebombs (add the timer/Igniter to a pipebombFrame).
But that would also be super confusing.
You might say 'just replace the old ones', but there are many other things in the game that depend on the existence of classic pipebombs, including my current implimentation for these new ones.

There is a bug in the current implementation: if you wrench a Singaller/Igniter/pipebomb, a fully ready classic pipebomb will pop out. Even though the original pipebombFrame was not finished. Is this tolerable?

(09-18-2017, 04:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Stuff
Now, I recall that the pipebombs or beaker assemblies in the current live version of the game have sounds, but am unsure. And even then there is no mention of that in the 2016 build of the code that I am currently using to code this. So I am unable to add decent sound effects before the bang happens.
What can I do here?
Al the new assemblies start with the sound\weapons\armbomb.ogg and have a a 5 second delay before blowing up.

Code:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WIP] Igniter/Signaller Aseemblies for Pipebombs - by The Grim Sleeper - 09-19-2017, 10:44 AM