Goonstation Forums
[Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Patches (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Implemented (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies (/showthread.php?tid=9364)

Pages: 1 2

[Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - The Grim Sleeper - 09-18-2017

Assemblies with pipebombs

the new implementation works just like a beaker assembly: you add a pipebombFrame (so pipes, reagent, wires, but no detonator) to an existing Singaller/Igniter assembly and poof: a nifty looking Singaller/Igniter/pipebomb assembly
Also proximity/Igniter/pipebomb assemblies!
Also Timer/Igniter/pipebomb assemblies!

Setting off these assemblies results in the sound\weapons\armbomb.ogg. And after 3 seconds the bomb explodes (and you have hurtings).

Questions for the peeps:
None. Go and test this horribly maim eachother.

Current build fully tested (2017-12-16)

Code: Feedback/info would be much appreciated.

RE: [WIP] Igniter/Signaller Aseemblies for Pipebombs - medsal15 - 09-18-2017

Why not also proximity detector pipebombs? Assuming you manage to make the signaller ones first.

RE: [WIP] Igniter/Signaller Aseemblies for Pipebombs - The Grim Sleeper - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 08:04 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Why not also proximity detector pipebombs? Assuming you manage to make the signaller ones first.
I wanted to do the singaller first, because there are already mousetrap-pipbombs, which aren't quite the same thing, but have similar 'area-denial' function.
But it would be the next step. I might try to get that one working before I finish the singaller, because I am straight stuck atm.

RE: [WIP] Igniter/Signaller Aseemblies for Pipebombs - Frank_Stein - 09-18-2017

Having a 3 second timer for signaler and proximity bombs would be a good idea. Gives pipe bombs a unique and consistent rule. Beeping across all types would also be nice

RE: [WIP] Igniter/Signaller Aseemblies for Pipebombs - The Grim Sleeper - 09-19-2017

So I had to switch around the implementation, cause I couldn't get it to work otherwise but now it does!

the new implementation works just like a beaker assembly: you add a pipebombFrame (so pipes, reagent, wires, but no detonator) to an existing Singaller/Igniter assembly and poof: a nifty looking Singaller/Igniter/pipebomb assembly
Ditto for proximity assemblies!

Setting off these assemblies results in some *beep**beep* being shown in the chatwindow, if you are standing next to the current location of the bomb, just like with a beaker assembly. And after 5 seconds the bomb explodes (and you have hurtings).

Questions for my peeps:
Right, you have noticed timer/Igniter are not yet implemented. After all: adding a timer/Igniter partially finished pipebombFrame is supposed to create a normal pipebomb, with a 5 second non-configurable timer.
I could add the missing assembly, and you could create the fully-configurable timer/Igniter/pipebomb assembly by adding the pipebombFrame to the  timer/Igniter, while retaining the original recipe for classic pipebombs (add the timer/Igniter to a pipebombFrame).
But that would also be super confusing.
You might say 'just replace the old ones', but there are many other things in the game that depend on the existence of classic pipebombs, including my current implimentation for these new ones.

There is a bug in the current implementation: if you wrench a Singaller/Igniter/pipebomb, a fully ready classic pipebomb will pop out. Even though the original pipebombFrame was not finished. Is this tolerable?

(09-18-2017, 04:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Stuff
Now, I recall that the pipebombs or beaker assemblies in the current live version of the game have sounds, but am unsure. And even then there is no mention of that in the 2016 build of the code that I am currently using to code this. So I am unable to add decent sound effects before the bang happens.
What can I do here?
Al the new assemblies start with the sound\weapons\armbomb.ogg and have a a 5 second delay before blowing up.

Code:

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - The Grim Sleeper - 09-20-2017

Update:
Al the new assemblies start with the sound\weapons\armbomb.ogg and have a a 5 second delay before blowing up.

Update:
Added the timer/igniter/pipebomb anyway. Fuque da pohlees!

So regarding the detonator glitch:

I can go in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Allow both the pipebombFrame or a full pipebomb to be added to an assembly. This allows full compatibility with the already present pipebombs (like the ones from traitor-items list). But then that glitch will stay.
or
2) Disallow full pipebombs to be added to an assembly and try and figure out a way to reassemble the pipebombFrame to its old state.

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - The Grim Sleeper - 09-20-2017

Added Admin-logging of bomb construction.

So here is the option 1 version:
Code:

RE: [WIP] Igniter/Signaller Aseemblies for Pipebombs - Prichard - 09-20-2017

(09-18-2017, 04:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Having a 3 second timer for signaler and proximity bombs would be a good idea. Gives pipe bombs a unique and consistent rule. Beeping across all types would also be nice

They explode instantly with mousetraps

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - Frank_Stein - 09-20-2017

Then use a mousetrap?

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - Dr Zoidcrab - 09-20-2017

That's more of a feature of mousetrap assemblies rather than a pipebomb specific thing, although I would assume the three second timer for classic pipebombs is because they HAVE a timer attached to them as part of the ignition trigger.

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - Crystalwarrior - 09-21-2017

Imo make the timer 1 second (*click*... BOOM) instead of 5 so they're more useful!

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - The Grim Sleeper - 09-21-2017

(09-21-2017, 05:58 AM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: Imo make the timer 1 second (*click*... BOOM) instead of 5 so they're more useful!

I can set it 1-3 second if popular opinion sways that way. I think I can also make it random. But any shorter and people wouldn't be able to react.
If you really want to bomb a specific person, you could use multiple of these, hidden around the target.
I'll set up a poll in another thread.

Update: so it turns out I can only set polls in new threads on the patches subforum, which will guaranty at most 4 votes. So imma play this by ear, make sure there are patches for 5sec, 1sec timers and leave the current final version at 3 seconds.

See first post for patches!

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - Frank_Stein - 09-21-2017

Why I preferred 3 for everything was to give everyone just enough time to realize what is about to happen without enough time to do anything about it

Like that oshit moment in movies

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - The Grim Sleeper - 09-21-2017

Update: so it turns out I can only set polls in new threads on the patches subforum, which will guaranty at most 4 votes. So imma play this by ear, make sure there are patches for 5sec, 1sec timers and leave the current final version at 3 seconds.
That way, people with more authority over the Gooncode (and more understanding of GitHub) can pick which one they think is the best one.

RE: [Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies - ZeWaka - 12-03-2017

Hey so did the duplication bug get fixed?