Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Critter Ideas
Hey most of my ideas are critter related because I'm constantly thinking about animals. There's plenty of ideas over in pocket pets thread but here's some more generalised ones.

- Space Gulls should be able to snatch food out of people's hands and eat it. When it happens the person who was holding the food should scream.
- They should also have nests that spawn more Space Gulls and if you step near it all nearby Gulls should immediately aggro.
- Lyre birds that play a random sound effect every time they vocalise.
- Poison dart frogs! Don't touch them without gloves on or you WILL die.
- Chameleons that have chameleon cloaking.
- Pigeons that always attempt to move away from you. If you catch one you can get it to send messages.
- Chapel gets a praying mantis pet that doesn't move but it does have swords for arms so don't fuck with it.
- George should be able to steal bones from skeletons.
- Playing saxophone has a super rare chance of accidentally summoning horses.
- Sometimes a container has a snake in it, that's just life in Nanotransen. Maybe it bites you if you try to take something from the container, or maybe it's chill, depends on the species.

Thanks for reading, have a great day.
Thoughts:
- Gulls: auto-scream? Not sure
- Lyre birds: Hilarious especially if the sound effect is a VOX file or midi
- Poison dart frogs: But can I throw them at a person?
- Pigeons: Neat, but would they path to people or just teleport
- George: Stealing a bone should make that skeleton collapse with an exaggerated xylophone noise
- Sax-o-horses: But why? Not that I'm not OK with that, but is this a meme of some kind
- Snakes: Sure fuck it why not
I feel like sneks being in your internals box could be funny but might be "fun" from a coder standpoint. Given that they'd either have to be rubber snakes (pranks) or be both a critter and a held item.

That said I'm all for a pet snek bro hitchin a ride with my oxygen mask and tank.

dart frogs: But what happens if you throw them at a dart board. There needs to be a funny message of some kind.

"You throw a poison dart frog at a dart board, it goes splat, I don't really know what you expected".
Space mosquitoes. Little fuckers are literally 1 or 2 pixels. Also only have 1hp. They suck 5u of blood and make a sound loud enough to be heard through the entire station. And it itches.
(09-18-2017, 08:03 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Space mosquitoes. Little fuckers are literally 1 or 2 pixels. Also only have 1hp. They suck 5u of blood and make a sound loud enough to be heard through the entire station. And it itches.

Worst case scenario is a tatortot grenade that releases a swarm of the things. Sucks blood, injects histamines, and is hard to kill because it's so small.
I like mosquitoes as an idea. Have them spawn near random potted plants and track people down, maybe they can also spread space malaria. Add a chem that's relatively harmless to humans but kills mosquitoes if sprayed, also have them be attracted to UV lights.

- Goat. Eats anything you feed it! Who needs a crusher when this guy is around. Note, may randomly become ornery and start charging at people.
- Secretary bird. If you've got too many snakes in your space station, just hire one of these, it'll kill them on sight. If you pet it sometimes you get pens.
- Teddy bear. Genetically engineered small bears that make adorable, lovable and loyal pets. Please be aware that approximately one in three of these bears is simply a baby space bear that a black marketeer has slipped into the supply chain, and it will eventually grow up and try to kill you. No refunds.
More bugs!
  • Fireflies - Emit small amounts of light 
  • Moths - Hang around clothes
  • Fleas - Can catch them from George and Monkeys. Makes you itch
  • Crickets - Make a small chirp
  • Locusts - Eat botany's crops
they seem too small. literally yesterday I got instant crit by nanites I couldn't even see cause my resolution was too zoomed out for like 2 minutes
Crabs: wander around, sometimes pick up cigarettes or knives.
Miniature cow: Unlike regular cows these cows are smaller and easier to keep inside a space station. They can be milked for 20 units of milk with a cooldown. They can also be tamed and kept as pets. Or you can butcher them like some kind of cow hating monster.

Cowpies probably won't be a thing though, unless someone can justify the clown farming cow poop for gross stinky landmines.

I just really like the idea of the station raising mini cows.

Also Lamas, whom could be complete jerks and spit at people. Maybe they could also carry items and serve as a wool animal as well.
Vultures - Circle around people stumbling around in crit, eat dead bodies.
Space Dragonflies - Big green versions of their earth counterparts that are highly aggressive and breath fire. Yes, really.

Space Ducks - Just ducks. In space. They like going near water and will usually enter the nearest body of water (the pool) when brought near it.

in addition, Space Swans.

just because.
Space Emus - Rideable. Transportation for the common man. Note: gets easily spooked and isn't very smart so not guaranteed to go in the direction you want every time.
the guy named locusts didn't suggest adding locusts. like nanite swarms but only eat plants??

(09-28-2017, 01:19 AM)locusts Wrote: Space Emus - Rideable. Transportation for the common man. Note: gets easily spooked and isn't very smart so not guaranteed to go in the direction you want every time.

yes but also they need to be immune to guns and a terrible enemy which will forever be respected for their combat skill
Locusts should be an event, like horses. They blight crops and invade vending machines, removing all food and seeds from the station. If this occurs with motives on, expect cannibalism to follow.