Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does anyone understand Pathology?
That is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the wiki, I've never touched path since the wiki is about as helpful as Sending a clown armed with a russian revolver to stop some nukeops.
I know pathology, and it's not that hard to use after you get past the first hurdle of the dense interface and huge number of weird letter/number strings. I was taught by efrem most of what I know, as the wiki guide is impenetrable. Roomba's guide is much more legible than the wiki instructions, and should be added to the wiki ASAP.

Actually using Pathology in rounds, though, is another matter. It's pretty difficult to use pathology to help people. To my knowledge there's a very limited number of beneficial symptoms, and the RNG nature of path means it's tricky to discover the exact symptom you want.  To get high-tier symptoms is a horrible grind, taking upwards of 40 minutes of work.

At the moment, path is interesting and occasionally ridiculously deadly, but painfully RNG focused. I get why it's intended to be impenetrable (super viruses killing the entire crew) but feel it could use a few extra symptoms to push it more in the direction of being occasionally useful to the crew.
That guide way better than the wiki.
I want a symptom that makes people literally shit gold bricks.
(09-13-2017, 04:02 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: I want a symptom that makes people literally shit gold bricks.

There is a brick item so
90% RNG, and takes a very long time to do even if you do get lucky
I know most if not all of pathology and really its not worth it for the time it takes, turn back now
Alright, I figured out the basics of wiki formatting, so here's Pathology for Dummies v2.

https://wiki.ss13.co/Pathology_for_Dummies

Didn't feel comfortable removing the old Pathology Research guide (especially since it includes some info which, frankly, went right over my head, but could come in handy if you understood it). Did drop a link to the new guide, though.
(09-14-2017, 01:02 AM)Roomba Wrote: Alright, I figured out the basics of wiki formatting, so here's Pathology for Dummies v2.

Didn't feel comfortable removing the old Pathology Research guide (especially since it includes some info which, frankly, went right over my head, but could come in handy if you understood it). Did drop a link to the new guide, though.

This is great! I'll do a deeper read once I get onto one or two other things, like an actual good engine setup and How To Not Kill The Crew With Telescience 101.
Guess I know what I'm doing next time I'm the only one on LLJK1...
That's a good Roomba.

UD: Just ask people who can. The problem is usually getting them to stop telling you things.
(09-14-2017, 11:06 AM)UmbraDrake Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 01:02 AM)Roomba Wrote: Alright, I figured out the basics of wiki formatting, so here's Pathology for Dummies v2.

This is great! I'll do a deeper read once I get onto one or two other things, like an actual good engine setup and How To Not Kill The Crew With Telescience 101.

If you ever see me on, usually as Felix Dangers, I am ALWAYS happy to show ANYONE what I know about hell burns. It means I might be able to play a round as anything outside of engineering and have power the whole round. :P
You know, Eagles learn to fly by being pushed out of the nest by their loved ones to certain death. We should release Randomized pathogen events and push SS13 rounds off a cliff till people learn how to cure Virus's (or atleast Use cargos CDC). Then we will soar with people realizing the potential of pathogens and go out of their way to create them .
(09-16-2017, 07:04 AM)pizzatiger Wrote: You know, Eagles learn to fly by being pushed out of the nest by their loved ones to certain death. We should release Randomized pathogen events and push SS13 rounds off a cliff till people learn how to cure Virus's (or atleast Use cargos CDC). Then we will soar with people realizing the potential of pathogens and go out of their way to create them .

Make vaccines making easier first.
That's basically what Marq did. Pretty sure you were around to remember how that went.

In the very least they were some of the more memorable off-the-cuff admin rounds I've been in, what with all the fart-fires and exploding sith-lord monkeys on ice.