Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job Skill Traits
Yeah, a lot of these are either overpowered (eg. medical doctor, IT guy, scientist) or make certain items/actions important to that job irrelevant (eg. head of security, IT guy). Ideally, I would say that skills should be something smaller but still useful (and more importantly, adding flavor).
I'd like more job-traits. Only problem is it'd almost seem like NT hired individuals who knew what they were doing. LAFFO

Not sure about the actual traits. I just like the effect it (job-raits) produces.
(09-07-2017, 10:43 AM)Flourish Wrote: Yeah, a lot of these are either overpowered (eg. medical doctor, IT guy, scientist) or make certain items/actions important to that job irrelevant (eg. head of security, IT guy). Ideally, I would say that skills should be something smaller but still useful (and more importantly, adding flavor).

Well with it guy I suggested it because some things on the Dwaine network don't have an obvious way to figure out id of. For instance there doesn't seem to be a way to find the Id of a data bank and they are round randomized. I guess having it only work for actual computer equipment would be better.
Yeah, some of these are missing the point of job traits. They're supposed to be a small, very minor advantage that adds a bit of flavour to a role.
Chefs don't get food poisoning then how bout that

Or maybe they just don't get prions
(09-07-2017, 08:38 AM)Technature Wrote: I think doctors already have significantly less chance to botch surgery?
I know I tend to see those random "Dropped The Scalpal" messages less often when I start work in medbay, but that could just be my luck.

I believe this is correct, medical staff have a better chance of not screwing up surgeries.

Im not too familar with in-game IT stuff, but couldn't a player just find out all the network device ids by using term_ping?
(09-08-2017, 02:40 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 08:38 AM)Technature Wrote: I think doctors already have significantly less chance to botch surgery?
I know I tend to see those random "Dropped The Scalpal" messages less often when I start work in medbay, but that could just be my luck.

I believe this is correct, medical staff have a better chance of not screwing up surgeries.

Im not too familar with in-game IT stuff, but couldn't a player just find out all the network device ids by using term_ping?

Sort of except it's hard to figure out which code goes to which device if they are the same type of device