Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Igniter/Signaller Aseemblies for Pipebombs
Signalers on pipebombs sounds good, more mad bomber gimmicks also good. It's annoying to have to make TTVs anytime you want a remote-detonated bomb. Uptown funk yo.
I'm honestly fucking astonished signalling assemblies aren't in the game for pipe bombs. What the hell??? Think of all the wasted potential for gimmicks

(also yeah I'd like it if there was a 'blank' pipebomb charge, like pumping it full of air or something)
What exactly is the difference between a pipebomb and a beaker assembly?
I've noticed my black-powder beaker assembly didn't really pop like I'd expect.
(09-09-2017, 01:37 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: What exactly is the difference between a pipebomb and a beaker assembly?

afaik pipe bombs apply a spark/emit WAY WAY WAY more heat to their reagents when they go off and may use different scaling code altogether
whereas beaker assemblies are nefariously fucking difficult to get to behave when it comes to igniting reagents in my experience
(09-09-2017, 01:44 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 01:37 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: What exactly is the difference between a pipebomb and a beaker assembly?

afaik pipe bombs apply a spark/emit WAY WAY WAY more heat to their reagents when they go off and may use different scaling code altogether
whereas beaker assemblies are nefariously fucking difficult to get to behave when it comes to igniting reagents in my experience

I can confirm that is definitely the current situation, a 100-unit blackpowder beaker assembly does damage comparable to a welding fuel pipe bomb.
(09-09-2017, 01:54 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 01:44 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

I can confirm that is definitely the current situation, a 100-unit blackpowder beaker assembly does damage comparable to a welding fuel pipe bomb.

Makes sense from a certain perspective: Pipe bombs contain their chemicals in a smaller, confined space surrounded by shrapnel-making material. Beakers are glass jars with a lighter attached.
Story refinement: (That means I've looked at the code and thought about it, but don't have the time to do anything... yet)
In /code/obj/item/grenades.dm:
Adding additional options for the other assembly types looks trivial (line 922 - 932, copy and replace the assembly argument and output object).
Looking at /code/obj/item/assembly/misc_assemblies.dm for inspiration.
duplicating the basic pipe-bomb type for the 2 new detonator-types looks like the quickest way to do this, and just giving them a 'receive_signal()' with a 'do_explode()' and replacing the 'attack_self' function (arming options) might be enough to get functional bombs.

(09-09-2017, 01:44 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: use different scaling code altogether

And yes: the pipebombs on_blowthefuckup actually takes into account material strength (of the pipehousing) to enhance the explosion, even more so for erebrite and plasmastone.
Hold my "Radio/Igniter/Pipebomb Assembly", I'm going in!

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9364

BOOM!!!
Ahahahaha!