Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Market Guns (QM Gun Trader)
An option for getting weapons, this suggestion involves adding yet another new trader in the form of Ivan Gunrunikov (thanks luigithirty), either accessible as a normal trader that occasionally (or rarely) appears, or a trader who is always there but is only accessible if you emag the QM console.

The idea is that Gunrunikov will sell a random selection of just about any gun available in the gooncode plus the ammunition for them in non-cardlocked crates, even ones that rarely if ever show up. Even the BFG 9000 is a rare buy option... if you are willing to fork over 50,000 credits or more. Each the guns usually has a high price (I imagine the lowest being around 5000 credits), while the ammunition will be 50%/75% lower in price than the gun itself.

How does this sound?
i want to put a bfg 9000 into a mechcomp tripwire trap so yes
While that's a nice name and all, if there's any gun-related trader then it's gotta be named Mport. Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

Funs aside, something like this would never be in credits. The value of the credit is practically an in-joke.
(08-30-2017, 04:13 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: While that's a nice name and all, if there's any gun-related trader then it's gotta be named Mport. Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

Funs aside, something like this would never be in credits. The value of the credit is practically an in-joke.

Aside of QM, and the random coffee drinker, nobody uses credits.
And QM gets reach way too easily once you get them a gold bar, so 50k credits is nothing after that.
Maybe tie this in with the spythief scavenger hunt thing, where the market guys accept stolen goods for wicked weaponry.
WTT: laser rifle for 2 active zombies or space bears. PM me @preownedbutts82 for more details!
i like but yeah credit balancing is a big issue blocking this

I would have to nerf and balance things across the board
(08-30-2017, 08:55 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: i like but yeah credit balancing is a big issue blocking this

I would have to nerf and balance things across the board

Why not use the spy_thief code in conjunction with QM shipping to have the merchant ask for things that are... a bit hard to acquire?

Have one credit-based option, while more exotic items require a few more difficult things that have to be shipped in a crate. There's no reason why something as piddly as like a .22 can't be bought on credits alone.
For a dumb balance suggestion, what if cheaper guns bought from the guy had a slight risk of being duds.
You can already get .22 bullets from a hacked manufacturer, why can’t a crooked QM pay an outrageous sum for a .22 pistol, too?
(09-04-2017, 11:11 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: For a dumb balance suggestion, what if cheaper guns bought from the guy had a slight risk of being duds.

If we do it that way, the merchant should probably be named Boris the Blade.
(09-04-2017, 11:11 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: For a dumb balance suggestion, what if cheaper guns bought from the guy had a slight risk of being duds.

revolvers bought have a 10% chance of being clownvolvers
(09-04-2017, 11:54 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: You can already get .22 bullets from a hacked manufacturer, why can’t a crooked QM pay an outrageous sum for a .22 pistol, too?

Maybe the pistol isn't silenced. Or maybe it has a loudener. The whole station can hear you bouncing lead off the clown.
You should definitely be able to buy a loudener for your guns. It temporarily deafens you and anyone too close (unless they’re wearing those Engineering earmuffs) but also makes the gunshot audible throughout the station.
(09-05-2017, 08:14 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: You should definitely be able to buy a loudener for your guns. It temporarily deafens you and anyone too close (unless they’re wearing those Engineering earmuffs) but also makes the gunshot audible throughout the station.

a++++++++++++++ idea

id love to hear someone scream and get plugged with bullets from across the map