Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost VR
Got the idea when talking with other ghosts in a recent game, what if dead players could get onto VR?

VR has almost nobody on during the course of a normal round, and so ghost VR would help fill it up by allowing players who are dead, yet don't want to spectate, something to do. Ghosts could still play with non-ghosts (The VR is the same for both), but would only be able to talk through deadchat, and their names would be anonymous while inside VR, to prevent abuse of the ghosts and living being in the same place. ("Virtual Spectre #__" or something, I'm not good with names.)
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6587

i do want this

edit: also funny that ghost drones are a thing and this is still in ideas and suggestions: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5754
i'd say yes to the anonymous names & having their speech go to deadchat, but maybe give them a Ouija board ability while in VR so they can try to communicate half-wise
(08-27-2017, 03:48 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: i'd say yes to the anonymous names & having their speech go to deadchat, but maybe give them a Ouija board ability while in VR so they can try to communicate half-wise

Emojis
That'd frankly be amazing, I think I was online when we discussed this in ghost chat!

guess what
hey question: is it intentional that while in VR the living can speak to the dead?
(11-25-2017, 02:33 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: hey question: is it intentional that while in VR the living can speak to the dead?

yes. ghosts can hear all chat anyway, so it's not like living people can't talk to ghosts anyways. problem is when ghosts can tell living people stuff they shouldn't know
Right, but last round either one of two things happenned :
a) Living meat man could understand me, a ghostie, while in VR - or -
b) a fellow ghostie was speaking through station intercom, from VR.
both of these are suboptimal leaks of info.
This strikes me as a surefire way to bug people into reviving them. Should probably look into it.
(11-25-2017, 04:30 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Right, but last round either one of two things happenned :
a) Living meat man could understand me, a ghostie, while in VR - or -
b) a fellow ghostie was speaking through station intercom, from VR.
both of these are suboptimal leaks of info.

this is literally the opposite of what you said. this is dead speaking to living, not vice versa. yes thats a bug