Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost VR
Something where the ghosts can relax/participate in deathmatch or something instead of just watching the station and being bored.
I like the idea of going to VR when dead, provided of course ghost-VR people can't talk (and have randomized names, or are simply called "Computerized-Spaceman")

Either I'm going crazy or someone once made the pitch for some sort of lemmings/civilization style VR thing, where human players in VR can torment a bunch of mute-creatures controlled by dead player ghosts.

It was a really rad idea, but nothing ever came of it frown
Weren't ghost bots supposed to be implemented to give the ghosts something to do? What ever happened to those?
This is a great idea and should make VR populated instead of being a ghost town.
Well, it'll be populated AND a ghost town
(06-20-2016, 08:05 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Well, it'll be populated AND a ghost town

Cackling Aloud With Gusto
(06-20-2016, 06:58 AM)Mageziya Wrote: Weren't ghost bots supposed to be implemented to give the ghosts something to do? What ever happened to those?

Still being worked on.
vr ghost say should give a list of preapproved phrases that real players can imitate. With the sentences peppered in with randomly generated words just to give the appearance of a subject. Sometimes the conversation script should screw up and give the appearance of a glitch.

"I think the weather is quite %adjective% today"

"I've never tried %randomfood% with %randomfood%, but I think I'd like it"

"I am feeling quite #THIS VR BOT IS EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTY, PLEASE WAIT, IF PROBLEM PERSISTS, PLEASE CONTACT DISCOUNT RAJ'S TECHNICAL SUPPORT AT 555-555-COMPUTER# the illuminati is real"
I appreciate the idea but ghostdrones will effectively "solve" the issue of ghosts having nothing to do. (Speaking of which, they should be ready for release real soon now)
(06-21-2016, 11:05 AM)Wire Wrote: I appreciate the idea but ghostdrones will effectively "solve" the issue of ghosts having nothing to do. (Speaking of which, they should be ready for release real soon now)

This is great news. This on top of the AI reworking has me really excited to play
(06-21-2016, 11:05 AM)Wire Wrote: I appreciate the idea but ghostdrones will effectively "solve" the issue of ghosts having nothing to do. (Speaking of which, they should be ready for release real soon now)

I quite liked what I saw of ghost drones that day the drone station was up. They're awfully cute too!
I aint afraid of no drones