Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios
(08-25-2017, 04:32 AM)Sundance Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:33 PM)Berrik Wrote: Bring back Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi suits being able to travel using the mail slots while you're at it.

These are actually patched to work with toilets, you'll end up at some other random toilet if you drag click yourself if I believe.

I agree the syndicate mailman suits ability to use mailchutes should actually be given back to the normal mailman for 3 reasons:
- IC justice can doled out to anyone abusing it. Literally knock em out and strip them and absorb their tears.
- It's a very minor ability to bypass doors, restricted to one item. And you are stunned for a brief second as you are ejected if I believe.
- It's an extremely underwhelming surplus item. I have never used it as means of escape as it's far too finicky.

this but i feel like someone will come up with some dumb slippery slope argument against this and bandwagon it
(08-25-2017, 09:47 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:33 PM)Berrik Wrote: Bring back Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi suits being able to travel using the mail slots while you're at it.

These are actually patched to work with toilets, you'll end up at some other random toilet if you drag click yourself if I believe.

I agree the syndicate mailman suits ability to use mailchutes should actually be given back to the normal mailman for 3 reasons:
- IC justice can doled out to anyone abusing it. Literally knock em out and strip them and absorb their tears.
- It's a very minor ability to bypass doors, restricted to one item. And you are stunned for a brief second as you are ejected if I believe.
- It's an extremely underwhelming surplus item. I have never used it as means of escape as it's far too finicky.

this but i feel like someone will come up with some dumb slippery slope argument against this and bandwagon it

OH so you think we should just HAND OUT SURPLUS CRATES eh? 
You just want EVERY day to BeE AsSS DaYY!!??
(08-25-2017, 10:14 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

ASS
(08-25-2017, 10:41 AM)Technature Wrote:

ASS

A S S
(08-25-2017, 08:47 PM)New525 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:41 AM)Technature Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 04:32 AM)Sundance Wrote: These are actually patched to work with toilets, you'll end up at some other random toilet if you drag click yourself if I believe.

ASS

A   S    S

EW BUT MAILMEN CRAWLING OUT OF PIPES WHILE YOU'RE ALL ALONE IS CREEPY, WE GOTTA BAN ALL POTENTIAL CREEPINESS.

(But yeah this should be on the normal mailman suit.)
It's not even remotely game breaking because every area you can get into with a mailman suit you can get into with tools available to EVERYONE. Plus it's funny

Also they're worse than banana and moustache grenades when you get them in a surplus crate remove it from there and make the regular ones like this
I feel it should be made to be a cheap QM traitor item at the very least.
I had an idea, just because I'm curious if it's a good one.

==>First, as everyone else said, normal Mailmen get this as a normal ability tied to their uniform because it's funny.
==>Second, the Syndicate Mailman Suit is tweaked so that in addition to letting you flush yourself into the mail chutes, it also lets you "break" from your intended path-of-travel and freely move around in the pipes wherever you want (if underneath a tile with a chute you can click on it to eject like normal.) Combine this power with the pipe parts from MechComp to do some really dumb shit.
It's actually surprisingly easy to accidentally reroute the mail into the loafer. Bonus points for also rerouting regular disposals into the loafer and pissing off people who try to use it to escape.
(08-26-2017, 12:34 PM)NesMettaur Wrote: ==>Second, the Syndicate Mailman Suit is tweaked so that in addition to letting you flush yourself into the mail chutes, it also lets you "break" from your intended path-of-travel and freely move around in the pipes wherever you want

this would be cool if paired with the tg-style vent travelling system, maybe work like voltron
(08-26-2017, 12:34 PM)NesMettaur Wrote: I had an idea, just because I'm curious if it's a good one.

==>First, as everyone else said, normal Mailmen get this as a normal ability tied to their uniform because it's funny.
==>Second, the Syndicate Mailman Suit is tweaked so that in addition to letting you flush yourself into the mail chutes, it also lets you "break" from your intended path-of-travel and freely move around in the pipes wherever you want (if underneath a tile with a chute you can click on it to eject like normal.) Combine this power with the pipe parts from MechComp to do some really dumb shit.

For the syndicate suit, that 2nd point PLUS reducing or removing the exit stun would actually make it a competent and desirable item. Being able to enter/exit semi-secure areas without being helpless for a hot minute, without evidence, is arguably usable.