Goonstation Forums
Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios (/showthread.php?tid=9234)

Pages: 1 2

Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - LuigiThirty - 08-23-2017

Why can't people wearing the mailman's jumpsuit and hat travel through the mail system like guys with plumber uniforms and hats can travel through toilets?

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - New525 - 08-23-2017

This is such a good idea its already in the game

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - LuigiThirty - 08-23-2017

It is? I tried to jump into a mail chute as a Mailman and it said I didn't fit.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - NesMettaur - 08-23-2017

(08-23-2017, 07:01 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: It is? I tried to jump into a mail chute as a Mailman and it said I didn't fit.
It's a traitor item exclusive to Mailmen (and sometimes surplus crates I think?)

It's aptly named the Syndicate Mailman Suit.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - LuigiThirty - 08-23-2017

OH it's Syndicate only. Well nevermind then.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - warcrimes - 08-24-2017

Why is something that is legitimately interesting for cool shenanigans traitor-only, and for a cycling gimmick job?
As I understand it, the only way you're getting the syndie mail suit is by latejoining an already uncommon job and rolling late traitor specifically.

I think the mail suit deserves more use, either by making it a regular mailman item (i mean, it's already easy to break into places / follow people into secure areas without being an antag, this just makes it cool ) or making it available to more syndies. Appearing in some department's lobby is far from game-breakingly overpowered.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - NateTheSquid - 08-24-2017

(08-24-2017, 12:20 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Why is something that is legitimately interesting for cool shenanigans traitor-only, and for a cycling gimmick job?
As I understand it, the only way you're getting the syndie mail suit is by latejoining an already uncommon job and rolling late traitor specifically.

I think the mail suit deserves more use, either by making it a regular mailman item (i mean, it's already easy to break into places / follow people into secure areas without being an antag, this just makes it cool ) or making it available to more syndies. Appearing in some department's lobby is far from game-breakingly overpowered.
surplus crates have it. traitor qm might be able to order it? prolly not.

mailman suit makes it easy to avoid security but yes i think having one lying around (not in one place, the hat in one spot and the suit in another) would be good

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - Vitatroll - 08-24-2017

I don't think it'd be a problem if it were thrown into a derelict or something. Hell, it wouldn't be a problem if it were applied to all mailsuits. You're still inferior to monkeys either way.

I'm totally not saying this because I think it'd be funny to see people fight over a uniform.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - LuigiThirty - 08-24-2017

I get beaten up for my janitor galoshes now that the janitor locker isn’t cardlocked shrug

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - Lady Birb - 08-24-2017

(08-24-2017, 02:46 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: I get beaten up for my janitor galoshes now that the janitor locker isn’t cardlocked shrug

Just like the good old days.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - New525 - 08-24-2017

Id be okay with the syndicate suit being removed and its functionality being given to the normal mail suit. Like john said its a rare item to see.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - Frank_Stein - 08-24-2017

(08-24-2017, 03:21 PM)New525 Wrote: Id be okay with the syndicate suit being removed and its functionality being given to the normal mail suit. Like john said its a rare item to see.

It's also not a terribly overpowered item, considering that you're limited to mail chutes, which are static locations which someone could easily check the destination of if they see you go down one.

Heck, there are at least two hand teleporters on the station and you can move those beacons around

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - Berrik - 08-24-2017

Bring back Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi suits being able to travel using the mail slots while you're at it.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - Sundance - 08-25-2017

(08-24-2017, 11:33 PM)Berrik Wrote: Bring back Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi suits being able to travel using the mail slots while you're at it.

These are actually patched to work with toilets, you'll end up at some other random toilet if you drag click yourself if I believe.

I agree the syndicate mailman suits ability to use mailchutes should actually be given back to the normal mailman for 3 reasons:
- IC justice can doled out to anyone abusing it. Literally knock em out and strip them and absorb their tears.
- It's a very minor ability to bypass doors, restricted to one item. And you are stunned for a brief second as you are ejected if I believe.
- It's an extremely underwhelming surplus item. I have never used it as means of escape as it's far too finicky.

RE: Mailmen should be able to travel using mail chutes like Marios - Dr Zoidcrab - 08-25-2017

The one time I did get it some random mechanic set the mail chutes to feed into the loafer...