Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Segway + wire + pipebomb = boobytrapped segway
(07-13-2017, 09:52 AM)Sundance Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Firstly: "Ableism"
Gross, get that nonsense tumblr word out of here.

"I don't experience something so it doesn't exist"

Yes to segway tomfoolery, but with more options. Like them getting on the segway, and then it playing a prerecored message telling them they can't get off it or it will explode.
That's a far cry from what I meant, let's not conflate the issue. I was pointing out that immedietely pulling the discriminatory card regarding an offhand comment on ADHD on a thread about strapping pipebombs to segways on a forum about 2d farting space men is grasping at straws / weak as fuck.

We're better than that to be that reactionary.

I have ADHD and I'd rather you not, thanks

I mean they even asked nicely and now you're the only one making a big deal about it, people have already moved the fuck on but here you're white knighting for someone else's casual slip-up, don't make this the hill you die on and now imma smoke a weed
in what universe is the segway even remotely useful and not literally just for stealing and knocking people over?
(07-13-2017, 04:11 PM)poland spring Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:

Yes to segway tomfoolery, but with more options. Like them getting on the segway, and then it playing a prerecored message telling them they can't get off it or it will explode.
That's a far cry from what I meant, let's not conflate the issue. I was pointing out that immedietely pulling the discriminatory card regarding an offhand comment on ADHD on a thread about strapping pipebombs to segways on a forum about 2d farting space men is grasping at straws / weak as fuck.

I mean they even asked nicely and now you're the only one making a big deal about it, people have already moved the fuck on but here you're white knighting for someone else's casual slip-up, don't make this the hill you die on and now imma smoke a weed

yes. as someone with adhd i've always felt marginalized. thank you nate for defending me. you're a real hero. Rolleye
nah actually it sucks pretty hard because it's almost impossible to get proper treatment for it since everyone thinks I'm faking it to get adderall and it basically turned my adult life into a garbage pit once I was too old to be on my parents insurance but you go ahead and keep tellin' me how I'm white knighting, buddy
(07-13-2017, 04:11 PM)poland spring Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:

i was also relating this to the time(s) berrik has made jokes about aspergers
Cool anyway this is all dumb bullshit that has nothing to do with the actual (good) suggestion can we like talk about that
(07-13-2017, 06:30 PM)poland spring Wrote: Cool anyway this is all dumb bullshit that has nothing to do with the actual (good) suggestion can we like talk about that

Agreed, this is dumb bullshit that has no place here. If you want to discuss these issues, take it to a different forum. Can we stop with the reactionary outcry?
Someone brought up this point already but segways are basically relegated to the Security team.

They have a difficult enough time as is dealing with the crew. So, I'd rather avoid adding sabotaging capabitlities that specifically target them.

The idea isn't terrible in itself. Personally, I feel it's just not the right time for it.
(07-14-2017, 06:03 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 06:30 PM)poland spring Wrote: Cool anyway this is all dumb bullshit that has nothing to do with the actual (good) suggestion can we like talk about that

Agreed, this is dumb bullshit that has no place here. If you want to discuss these issues, take it to a different forum. Can we stop with the reactionary outcry?

Fuck off you don't get to use my words to defend your platform

And segways are just really not that useful and also Medbay has them so it's not gonna be a big deal, I honestly wish WAY MORE stuff could be sabotaged explosively.
Oooh, yeah! I completely forgot about the medbay segways. That's just on cog2 though, right?
(07-14-2017, 08:45 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Oooh, yeah! I completely forgot about the medbay segways. That's just on cog2 though, right?
[Image: 9DeMXTu.png]
Sweet. That opens it up to more people being affected by it than just sec, which was my only real critique of this idea.
(07-14-2017, 08:30 AM)poland spring Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 06:03 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:

Fuck off you don't get to use my words to defend your platform

Sorry if I seemed like I was using your words. I was agreeing with you that this isn't the right place to discuss these issues; I feel it's stupid to be discussing them on a forum for a dumb 2d spaceman game, and that the focus shouldn't drift away from the good idea. My apologies if you thought I was attempting to present a platform, or I misrepresented what you were saying.
Instead of a boring old pipebomb that puts people to sleep while it blows them to pieces, what about an attachment that's more fitting of this wacky roller? Attach flashbangs or cleaner grenades to it and maximize the amount of not-moving going on in that hallway! Stick an emagged securitron on there and watch it run down everything that moves! Glue a remote signaller to the handlebars and have an RC segway pester folk without even knowing it's you!
pipe bombs are boring hows about this you can super charge the motor so the driver goes at ludicrous speeds and fly's off the handle if he touches anything or turns to hard slaming him against the wall and possibly turning them into a human cannon ball that knocks down anyone in his flight path.