Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Segway + wire + pipebomb = boobytrapped segway
That explodes when it crashes into someone. Or, alternately, when someone hits the siren. A clever trap for staff assistants with ADHD and security officers!
(07-12-2017, 01:19 PM)Berrik Wrote: A clever trap for staff assistants with ADHD and security officers!

hey can you stop with the ableism? its real bad. also why the fuck would a security officer ever want to blow people up who use a segway
he means rigging segways so that when an officer uses it, THEY get blown up. 

Anyways this is a dumb idea that is way too niche. Maybe segways could use power cells so you could inject them with plasma, so they create a small explosion when powered on. Then at least itd be sorta standardized with some other traps as opposed to just gluing a pipe bomb on for no reason.
(07-12-2017, 05:47 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: -snip-
Then at least itd be sorta standardized with some other traps as opposed to just gluing a pipe bomb on for no reason.

Better idea: Make any usable item/object able to have a pipebomb taped onto it that goes off when you use the item/object. Have it have the same name, but a different sprite/examine text, so it isn't completely undetectable. For the different examine text, they could just have an append like bloodying uses. For extra devastation, make it destroy the object/item when the pipebomb goes off, and make disarming it easier (just use a wirecutters on it) to counteract that.
Could we get pipe bombs to accept remote signallers as well?

Seems kind of silly to allow a pipe bomb to be triggered by someone turning on a segway but not with a remote. Also allowing multiple detonation methods could lead to some pretty entertaining options like having security bring a segway back into brig, then remotely blowing it up when it reaches there.

If the admins want to balance out pipe bombs they could make the wireless triggers imperfect, occasionally misfiring or having the remote signallers turn out to be duds, requiring a manual explosion instead, like real bombs.
(07-12-2017, 05:23 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 01:19 PM)Berrik Wrote: A clever trap for staff assistants with ADHD and security officers!

hey can you stop with the ableism? its real bad. also why the fuck would a security officer ever want to blow people up who use a segway

what kind of question is that? i think you have some issues if you don't want to blow up people, especially the ones that steal your segways
(07-13-2017, 12:50 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:

what kind of question is that? i think you have some issues if you don't want to blow up people, especially the ones that steal your segways
Security officers aren't supposed to blow up people who steal segways. That's murder.
(07-13-2017, 04:23 AM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 12:50 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:

Security officers aren't supposed to blow up people who steal segways. That's murder.

its only murder if they die and besides, you don't want them to die. after all you cant teach a dead dog new tricks
Why can't we just make security segways ID-Locked? If you want to go on a joyride, you either have to beat up an officer for their ID or hope the HOP is giving out all access today.
I'm in favor of this if it only activates when the Segway crashes so it's almost guaranteed to get two people
babayetu83 Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:
babayetu83 Wrote:
NateTheSquid Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:A clever trap for staff assistants with ADHD and security officers!

its only murder if they die and besides, you don't want them to die. after all you cant teach a dead dog new tricks

Firstly: "Ableism"
Gross, get that nonsense tumblr word out of here.
Secondly, I don't think this is such a bad idea, in so much that it should be applied to all vehicles, including pods. It just doesn't really work with just the segway, as those who'd use it (I.e: Sec officer) would risk exploding their own officers, nevermind the ethics of blowing up assistants. My reasoning for this is booby-trapping things is fun, and should be implimented across the board, just not in the format that would exclusively fuck over secoffs.
(07-13-2017, 06:51 AM)Sundance Wrote: Firstly: "Ableism"

"I don't experience something so it doesn't exist"

Yes to segway tomfoolery, but with more options. Like them getting on the segway, and then it playing a prerecored message telling them they can't get off it or it will explode.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Firstly: "Ableism"

"I don't experience something so it doesn't exist"

Yes to segway tomfoolery, but with more options. Like them getting on the segway, and then it playing a prerecored message telling them they can't get off it or it will explode.
That's a far cry from what I meant, let's not conflate the issue. I was pointing out that immedietely pulling the discriminatory card regarding an offhand comment on ADHD on a thread about strapping pipebombs to segways on a forum about 2d farting space men is grasping at straws / weak as fuck.

We're better than that to be that reactionary.
Segway's are terrible death traps already. Booby traps are fun and all, but segways are useless for anything other than a laugh. I've only ever seen them being used as an escape tool for cuffed prisoners or slamming into doctors during open-heart surgery.
^ I would really like to see them become more functional, thus making this idea more feasible