Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
remove the ability of pods to enter the escape shuttle
The admins actively remove most exploits that allow people to get to Centcom. If it's as simple as deploying to a shell... seems like it wouldn't fly. 

As for the rogue AI being able to bolt doors normally, yeah that's true but currently in doing so, it doesn't start with a shell on the shuttle able to also fight, break things, have an easier view of the shuttle (instead of fighting with quirky cameras), and be on the shuttle before anyone else.
The Centcomm thing, once again, can be patched how I said: Make the shell only accessable once the shuttle reaches the station.

Rogue AIs are already weak as hell, especially so if the Roboticist never gave them a borg. So why not give them this tiny shell at the Escape Shuttle? It might kill people? A single person with a ranged weapon or a good melee weapon that knows how to aim can take one of these things out, and who cares if the doors are bolted and the windows are broken: They're already like that pretty much every other round.
I think we just disagree on how robust an AI shell can be, Youk.

I've been robusted to oblivion by those little floating death machines even as a changeling. It can be a pain to click that small orb as it whizzes back and forth.

A rogue AI is also going to be harassing the crew leading up to the arrival of the shuttle. So, you're looking at maybe a handful a people making their way past electrified and bolted doors and whatever other pitfalls around the station only to be greeted by more bolted/electrified doors, no atmos on the shuttle, and an orb of death wielding a screwdriver.

shrug  Let's get other people's opinions and see what they think.
Oh, I know those are one of the most robust things in the entire Goonstation, but at the same time they have low health and little healing. That's what I mean by someone with good aim being able to take one down. A stun baton would end it's life quite quickly if it's hit even once, it's like the ultimate person who puts every stat into DODGE and then dodges everything.

But yeah, we're going to keep disagreeing, let's go with what you said and get some more opinions. I'm probably going a bit far with hoping for a tiny AI Shell on the shuttle.
AI shells are pretty damn robust. In my one ss13 video I annihilated two knowledgable chemists with a shocked door and a screwdriver, and that was a while ago. They certainly aren't OP, but the shuttle one, I've changed my mind about that. Centcom's not a problem, just only enable the shell one the shuttle gets to the station, but if people are worried about door shocks and stabs, just scrap it.

edit: wait why is this debate on the pod thread
We've spiraled. It happens. :911:
Let the AI shell pilot a pod
e: on the shuttle, to boot!