Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
remove the ability of pods to enter the escape shuttle
Enough of this dumb shit, seriously. It's been a bug for years now.
Feature, not bug.
Pods lack enough use as is. Feature
How about you provide a good reason as to why it should be changed, otherwise this seems pretty knee jerky.
Feature
Bring weapons or do your damdest to secure one of the private shuttle rooms.  Collaborate with your fellow space men before going on the shuttle.

The pod can be tough to deal with, but there's no reason 3 people with toolboxes can't bring it down if they work together.
It's also not too hard to stop a pod from getting in. Just build some obstacles in front of it
Here's a thought: Bring a buncha crowbars with you. You can pry off the maintenance panel and start yanking shit out. Better yet, you can bring a closet and a buncha pipe bombs. Shove as many folks as possible before hucking pipebombs at the pod.

In fact, 2-3 people with lockers and pipebombs could potentially fuck up a couple I-pods in a worse case scenario.
2 ass days ago i beat up the strelka with a fire extinguisher on the shuttle. feature
(07-06-2017, 05:38 AM)Berrik Wrote: Enough of this dumb shit, seriously. It's been a bug for years now.

just put floortiles infront of the shuttle windows
If you're feeling lucky grab a few tasers, they shut down random pod systems on hit.
(07-06-2017, 04:41 PM)A4Brogan Wrote: Here's a thought: Bring a buncha crowbars with you. You can pry off the maintenance panel and start yanking shit out.

You cant mess with a pod while someone is in it, unfortunately. You also can't pull people out of pods unless they're dead or logged out, which makes people using pods to go afk while still logged problematic.
A few people with fire extinguishers and/or toolboxes can destroy a pod. A single person with good weaponry can take down a pod themselves too.

It's just part of the typical escape shuttle chaos, and probably more a feature than a bug
Idea: using a crowbar on a pod that has someone inside it will take a few seconds before prying the door open and pulling the pilot out. Unlike most other things that take multiple seconds to preform, you can move during it as long as you remain in melee range of the pod.
Spooky you know this always struck me as just the kind of kneejerky thing that would gain traction

maybe if someone else but berrik posted it

i mean no offense by this and while i understand your frustration berrik, i too have been robbed of more than a few shuttle escapes, frustration and anger isn't what you really want to display while trying to sell an idea to us as well as the coders. as roomba said an explanation not rooted in you going 'fuck X' but rather 'fuck X, it's un fun because of Y and also, Z.' would go a lot farther
I would certainly be more receptive to the idea if there was a semblance of a well-reasoned argument behind it rather than 'no explanation needed, and fuck you for asking for one'.